• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Intel Officers around the Atlanta area?

campbellsoup278

I'm more than willing to take a read and provide constructive recommendations.

As an aside, I did the first weekend of INDOC in ATL last week. The ALT NOSC breaks it up over two drills. I must have gotten the special treatment, as out of the four newly commissioned ENS, I was the only one that got stuck five times and lost three vials of blood. Just my luck.

I tried to get all the shots just to prevent from having to go back to medical.

Devil Duck

I'm just special. To quote our young HM, 'sir, the computer says you need them'. . . damn computer. I still haven't heard back from quota control for the May DCOIC. I'm not too optimistic.

campbellsoup278

I have the number and e-mail for who you need to contact for DCOIC. I'll call you later with it. By the way I have a connection for the Navy Rifle and Pistol qual and will be shooting the course either Thursday or Friday. More Chest Candy.

campbellsoup278

Bubblehead,

I can't send PM responses since I am under 50 posts. PM your e-mail or phone number and I get that information for you.

tuke09

My advice to you is to triple check the information about interviews not being required, because I am 99% sure that is not accurate.

Interviews are only required for prior service and current active duty applicants, it is "optional" for civilian applicants, although my OR highly recommended having them if I thought I could get 10's on them. From what I have gathered on other threads, submitting anything short of a perfect interview is a waste.

tonio

So after the long process, I did not have the confidence in my application within such a competitive designator. I felt I needed to improve some things so I have cross trained from Transportation in the Air Force to Geospatial Intel. I feel the experience over the next couple of years will put my application where I would like it to be.

My question to anyone in the know, and I'll gladly take this conversation to pm's.. my contract is up in 2014, and I am trying to figure out of my experience would better prepare me for Navy Intel or Information Warfare? Thank you in advance.

alphablonde

Is Devil Duck or anyone else still around? I'm a Sgt in the Marine reserves trying to commission in the Navy and looking for any intel O in the Atlanta area.

Last edited: