• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

jason0231

1835 USNR/IRR
ALCON,

The Defense Institute of Security Cooperation Studies (DISCS) (formerly known as the Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management, or DISAM) offers a couple of N7-approved courses that you might find interesting. They are:

- International Programs Security Requirements is worth 5 retirement points. A complete course description can be found here.
- Security Cooperation Management Orientation Online Course is worth 7 retirement points.

I have not yet begun the coursework so I cannot speak to the time commitment or difficulty level, but the subject matter looks to be at least somewhat interesting and 12 retirement points is 12 retirement points.

If anyone out there has taken either of these courses, let us know what you thought about them.

Take care,

Jason

Hello Everyone,

Just completed both of the DISCS courses I posted on previously and I can say they offer a good balance of juice v. squeeze. Keep in mind that since these courses are run on a Blackboard site, no CAC is required to log in and complete them.

Study materials for the International Programs Security Requirements course (which is longer and slightly more difficult than the Security Cooperation Mgmt course) are attached for your reference.

Happy New Year,

Jason

Attachments

• IPSR Notes.pdf
    66.9 KB · Views: 15
  • ISCS_IPSR_Mod_1_Continuity_Book_v4.pdf
    129.8 KB · Views: 5
  • ISCS_IPSR_Mod_2_Continuity_Book_v4.pdf
    129.5 KB · Views: 3
  • ISCS_IPSR_Mod_3_Continuity_Book_v3.pdf
    230.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ISCS_IPSR_Mod_4_Continuity_Book_v4.pdf
    333.7 KB · Views: 2
  • ISCS_IPSR_Mod_5_Continuity_Book_v4.pdf
    279.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ISCS_IPSR_Mod_6_Continuity_Book_v4.pdf
    139 KB · Views: 2
  • ISCS_IPSR_Mod_7_Continuity_Book_v4.pdf
    260.9 KB · Views: 2
  • ISCS_IPSR_Mod_8_Continuity_Book_v4.pdf
    127 KB · Views: 4

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
Downloaded the PERS-9 muster from the IRR website and sent it in to PERS-93. They sent me an email back saying they were having trouble with it. I printed it and scanned it, then sent it back to them. It looks like they can only handle a scanned document and not the editable download.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
Anyone submit courses to IRR_Courses@navy.mil yet? The NPC site says they're supposed to send an acknowledgement. I sent the certs and a follow up E-mail a week later, no response either time.
The last time I sent in courses was on 09-23-2016. PERS-93 Courses Clerk sent me back a acknowledgement email on 09-26-2016. My anniversary month is January so I like to follow-up on my course status, and I called the help desk last Friday 01-13-2017 and all my points were captured.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
Be advised concerning the IRR Muster. I downloaded the IRR Muster form, and PERS-9-Muster sent me back an email with the form stating "Because of problems PERS 93 is having in receiving the online form, your screening form was not received. Please use the attached format instead of online form to complete your screening. Use "enable" and "fill and sign" to complete form, or print, fill out, scan and email, fax or regular mail back to PERS 93."

snake020

Contributor
Update - just got a confirmation from NPC. Guess whoever was manning the IRR E-mail was on an extended New Years holiday.

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
Thanks - I know I left some money on the table, but I just was done - with significant AD time already before the reserves I'm happy with the outcome.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Congratulations!!! I'm almost done with year 18. Will have over 4K in points when it's all said and done. Can. Not. Wait.

PT Goodtimes

pilot
Gents - quick question on NETC courses. IRR Guy - I don't have a CAC card. I can access the courses themselves, but can't seem to access 'Student Services,' which is where, I presume, I would submit the answers and would receive credit for the course. Any workaround (or am I missing something)?

Also, if NETC is out, is it down to FEMA and Marinenet and Naval War College for non-CAC holders? Any others? Is JKO available to non-CAC?

Thanks in advance -- longtime lurker on this thread and it has been immensely helpful to me over the years. 18 yrs down with 2 to go.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
When you got to the log-in page you should have the option to enter in you DoD EDI number along with name and birth date...there's another link option that will allow you to use your social. If that's not working, call the help desk and they'll have to get your access fixed. If this is your first time logging onto NETC NRTCs then I'm not surprised the 'trons aren't talking to each other correctly. The site is up and up right now. I logged in yesterday to do some course work with no problems.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Gents - quick question on NETC courses. IRR Guy - I don't have a CAC card. I can access the courses themselves, but can't seem to access 'Student Services,' which is where, I presume, I would submit the answers and would receive credit for the course. Any workaround (or am I missing something)?

Also, if NETC is out, is it down to FEMA and Marinenet and Naval War College for non-CAC holders? Any others? Is JKO available to non-CAC?

Thanks in advance -- longtime lurker on this thread and it has been immensely helpful to me over the years. 18 yrs down with 2 to go.

Concur with Sam I am. Just logged into NETC and did my first course for 2017. Off and running (well, trudging) for yet another year.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
Just completed AT3...NETC #14028...9 pts. This course is satisfactory ROI regarding time, but very technical reading. I took Analog Circuits and Digital Circuits in college so I could get through it okay. It's harder than an Open Book NATOPS by a fair margin, but if you can think technically you should be able to get through it. 9 chapters, 75 questions each.