• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rookie Air Warrior

Leyte

I'm glad to have discovered this forum. I'm heading to MEPS in two weeks to put together a package for a commission as a supply officer. This will be a second attempt, I applied back in 2013. My OAR score from then was 50, not sure if it is still applicable, even if it is, I would like to take it again, as I think I can raise it. I have a BA in Management with a middling GPA, but I'm hoping the board will see pass that. I am currently finishing up service in the Peace Corps. I'm hoping a successful service with another USG program will reflect well on my candidacy. I think my application is a bit of a long shot, tough to compete with MBA'd priors, but seeing the quality of applicants on this board makes me optimistic about the future of our littoral.

On a very unrelated note, just finished reading the book Ghost Fleet by PW Singer, which I think would be of interest to prospective and current Naval Officers. The book relied on archetypes and lacked geopolitical nuance, but it was thought provoking and entertaining in a Tom Clancy way. It's gloomy predictions on the future of the USS Zumwalt was amplified in my mind by the real life news story of the ship's issues in the Panama Canal.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to browsing and interacting with y'all in the future. Thanks!

Leyte

Min GPA for Supply Corps is a 2.8 now, change was put into effect early this summer.

The only program you are eligible for is Pilot/NFO which has a 2.5 min GPA.

Thank you for bringing my attention to this. Not sure why my recruiter didn't catch this but I will let him know.

Obviously disappointing. If I were to get a masters, would the prerequisite for the undergraduate GPA still apply?

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for bringing my attention to this. Not sure why my recruiter didn't catch this but I will let him know.

Obviously disappointing. If I were to get a masters, would the prerequisite for the undergraduate GPA still apply?

It would get averaged in, but realistically your GPA would still be low since a UG GPA has twice the weight when averaged in to a graduate GPA.

Your best shot is to go SNA or SNFO

Leyte

I just spoke with my recruiter and he says minimum in 2.5 and is encouraging me to apply .

Is there text online somewhere with this information written? I will only be home for 11 days, while I would love to pursue my dream of being a supply officer if possible, I would rather not spend 2 days at MEMPS that I could spend with my family if I am only wasting everyone's time.

Thanks for all your help.

exNavyOffRec

I just spoke with my recruiter and he says minimum in 2.5 and is encouraging me to apply .

Is there text online somewhere with this information written? I will only be home for 11 days, while I would love to pursue my dream of being a supply officer if possible, I would rather not spend 2 days at MEMPS that I could spend with my family if I am only wasting everyone's time.

Thanks for all your help.

He is not correct, here is the link to the most recent PA from June of this year.
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...taffCorps/Documents/SC_PA102_signed_Jun16.pdf

Leyte

Why not check out aviation programs?

I appreciate the help, but I'm not sure aviation is right for me. Being a supply officer, the training and work it entails, and of course the pride of being a sailor, has been a goal of mine for the last 5 or 6 years. However, if the Navy believes I am not a right fit for this position, I trust their wisdom.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Seriously? People dream about the Supply Corps ???
:)
Your Corps, my Corps... reminds me of an old jodie.

First there was the color red,
For the papercut blood that was shed.
Then there was the color brown,
For all the boxes they kick around.