• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Second?

MTLiving

I know I might get a lot of flak on this question but here it goes..If I was already PRO-REC Y for SNA is there anyway I could still apply for a SWO board before I get my FINSEL? I would've applied for SWO first but there wasn't a close board when I applied and my recruiter told me to just apply for the SNA/NFO board and I got picked up for both. If you are already PROREC Y for one community does the Navy not let you apply for another one? Thanks everyone!

Python

pilot
Contributor
I know I might get a lot of flak on this question but here it goes..If I was already PRO-REC Y for SNA is there anyway I could still apply for a SWO board before I get my FINSEL? I would've applied for SWO first but there wasn't a close board when I applied and my recruiter told me to just apply for the SNA/NFO board and I got picked up for both. If you are already PROREC Y for one community does the Navy not let you apply for another one? Thanks everyone!

I can't think of a single reason under the heavens why you would do this.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Ask. Your. Recruiter.

SWOMan

As someone who just finished up ocs....don't do it. Swo looks miserable. I am so happy I dodged that bullet looking back. There are 2 very different mind sets between communities. The pilots are by and far much happier people. I'm so glad I got medically cleared the day before graduation. If I hadn't I was going to put together a supply package before considering swo.

SWOMan

@Nick Ormsby if you listed pilot first, you are probably either going to have to take it or walk from the table. If it is second and you have swo first you can wait until board results come in. I decided not to wait, and told my processor to proceed with pilot. They make you fill out a note saying that you want to proceed with your second selection and then you wait.

MTLiving

@Nick Ormsby if you listed pilot first, you are probably either going to have to take it or walk from the table. If it is second and you have swo first you can wait until board results come in. I decided not to wait, and told my processor to proceed with pilot. They make you fill out a note saying that you want to proceed with your second selection and then you wait.
Oh okay, I was only able to apply for the July pilot board before anything else and was picked up for both SNA and NFO. So I wasn't able to even apply for a SWO board. I just thought I'd ask if anyone went through the process of applying for a different community after being selected. Thanks for the insight!