• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
Ouch. Although I was hoping, I wasn't exactly expecting to get selected the first time. I really thought I had a strong enough package to be an alternate though. ML_METOC, did you make it? I don't know your name, just your username lol. Congrats to everyone who got selected!

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Alternate for me. I keep thinking "what now?"...guess I'll just be as prepared as I can be. Still pretty humbled that I came so close. I noticed Wagoner got selected though. Awesome!

Anyone else on the NAVADMIN?

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
I got selected. Honestly was really shocked. Caught me way off guard this morning as I was really busy. Congrats to everyone else that made it. It was a long process and very hard work put in by everyone. Like said above, thank the people that helped you, that's what I'm going to do now.

DANG3R M0US3

So surreal to see my name on that list. Thanks to everyone here for the assistance and distractions while waiting for the results. After the last time I wasn't selected I thought I would never have another chance at this program. So thankful for all the help over the years from people on this site and out in the fleet. If you weren't selected, NEVER GIVE UP! Keep working towards your goal and as I said earlier, try to address any area you can improve upon, whether it be SAT scores, college courses, volunteer work, or leadership positions. I am truly humbled and shocked by my selection and look forward to seeing you all on future lists!

zarevich

Congrats to everyone who got selected! Any Pilot applicants here who got selected by chance? Would really like to compare my package to see what I need improvement on, even though I am pretty sure its my academic scores that are average that I need to work on.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With just two Core and three aviation selects this year, this ought to reinforce with those Sailors dreaming of flying gray jets that STA-21 is not your best bet at getting commissioned as a 13XX. My congrats to all the selectees, but particularly those with a future in Naval Aviation, because let's face it... all the nuke selectees are going to be miserable. :D

If any of you want to discuss your future and what your transition will be like with someone who was STA selected in FY98 and now in a TACAIR front office, feel free to PM me.

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
Congrats to everyone who got selected! Any Pilot applicants here who got selected by chance? Would really like to compare my package to see what I need improvement on, even though I am pretty sure its my academic scores that are average that I need to work on.
Hey I was selected for pilot this year. Sorry for taking so long to reply I have been busy this weekend. This was my third time applying and I can say that I am honored and humbled to have been selected. I will make a dropbox with my package in it for you and anyone else to review.

Like it has been said before keep you head up for those of you who did not get selected and keep working towards your goal. Hard work and dedication will pay off.
Congrats to all of those that were selected, got to finish up a few things and I will see everyone at NSI.

If anyone has any questions about my package please let me know.

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
How much time have people got in the past between checking out of their command and going to NSI? I'm trying to figure out the best time to list my house and when to move my family.

DANG3R M0US3

How much time have people got in the past between checking out of their command and going to NSI? I'm trying to figure out the best time to list my house and when to move my family.

Yeah, I am curious about this as well. In the NAVADMIN it said that we should expect to start NSI no later than February 13th, so that leaves about a month between the completion of that and the start of any summer term courses. It would be awesome if we get some time off in between.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I am curious about this as well. In the NAVADMIN it said that we should expect to start NSI no later than February 13th, so that leaves about a month between the completion of that and the start of any summer term courses. It would be awesome if we get some time off in between.

Time off? You're going to school. There will be plenty of time off. If you use all 3 years, it'll be the easiest three years you have in the Navy.

DANG3R M0US3

Time off? You're going to school. There will be plenty of time off. If you use all 3 years, it'll be the easiest three years you have in the Navy.

What I meant was time available to take leave. From what I have heard we still have to report every day and must take leave similar to the fleet. I'm not sure if it will be the easiest three years though, a EE degree isn't what I would call easy.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What I meant was time available to take leave. From what I have heard we still have to report every day and must take leave similar to the fleet. I'm not sure if it will be the easiest three years though, a EE degree isn't what I would call easy.
Why get an EE degree then?