• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 NOV 16 Pilot/NFO Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've tried the search function but haven't been able to find past board results as far as statistics for SNA approvals. Maybe I'm not using the right keywords to search. Would someone that is not forward deployed in the middle of nowhere with internet connectivity intermittently dropping off and on link me the most recent data?

Min GPA is a 2.5. You're not eligible to apply until you can get that GPA up.

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
Admin shenanigans. I just missed this board. I was hoping for results by Christmas but I can only be so butthurt about missing this board when the next one is just two months away -- it just means two more months in beautiful Japan. Good luck to everybody!

Last edited:

BigLuvin

pilot
None
Admin shenanigans. I just missed this board. I was hoping for results by Christmas but I can only be so butthurt about missing this board when the next one is just two months away -- it just means two more months in beautiful Japan. Good luck to everybody!
Admin?! Not to take away from admin because they do miraculous things like lose paperwork and give you a difficult time, but like a close friend told me, "never rely on them whatsoever!!!" Is your package finished?

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
Admin?! Not to take away from admin because they do miraculous things like lose paperwork and give you a difficult time, but like a close friend told me, "never rely on them whatsoever!!!" Is your package finished?

I still need my CO's signature, which will be happening this week according to my Educational Services Officer, who is now fiercely watching over my paperwork with me. I don't want to give away too much operational information, so it's just been bad timing all around with this particular due date.

Lessons learned: If the correspondence tracker and the yeoman say that your paperwork is in CO Admin, that doesn't mean that it's not sitting on some guy's desk down in Personnel for a week going nowhere.

BigLuvin

pilot
None
I still need my CO's signature, which will be happening this week according to my Educational Services Officer, who is now fiercely watching over my paperwork with me. I don't want to give away too much operational information, so it's just been bad timing all around with this particular due date.

Lessons learned: If the correspondence tracker and the yeoman say that your paperwork is in CO Admin, that doesn't mean that it's not sitting on some guy's desk down in Personnel for a week going nowhere.
Ah I see. I don't know your squadron's protocol for routing an OCS package, but did it have to go thru admin? I personally didn't route anything through the career counselors or Admin because I was afraid of something like this happening. My XO wanted to review the COs recommendation before he did. Once he made his changes, I made an appointment with the COs secretary for my interview and that was that. In the end, as long as it gets completed, I would submit that bad boy and who knows, they might process it for this board, if not I think the next one is in January. Either way, good luck brother, it will work out in the end.
~BL

Hey I have seen a few people from previous board who were pro rec Y for both pilot and NFO. Does anyone know how that works? Do you choose or does it come down to needs of the navy?

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
I was under the impression that you are then on the path for your highest-preference designator. For example, if you said Pilot/NFO and both say yes, you're going to commission as an SNA. If you're NFO/Pilot, you'll get SNFO.