• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

flynavy830

We stayed out to 2-3am, crashed at SO hotels, and then came back in time for the candio run/last eating by the numbers meal. We were so cool.
That's funny. I went to my friends graduation and thought he was crazy/breaking rules when we stayed up late and crashed at a hotel. Then drove back to base super early for last run, I had no idea that was allowed! Seemed so weird to go out and party then sneak back in and run one last time. But I guess it's at the end so it's a little different.

Aside from that basics, such as toiletries, necessary undergarments, and importanat documents, is there anything we should bring to OCS that you wish someone told you about beforehand that you previously hadn't thought of? Just want to make sure I have everything set before I fly to Rhode Island tomorrow morning!

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
Aside from that basics, such as toiletries, necessary undergarments, and importanat documents, is there anything we should bring to OCS that you wish someone told you about beforehand that you previously hadn't thought of? Just want to make sure I have everything set before I fly to Rhode Island tomorrow morning!
I didn't see motivation in that packing list.

swopeful

haze gray is my favorite color.
I asked this on another thread but didn't receive a response. Does anyone have insight on OHARP with dependents? Needs of the Navy versus personal request. Would one receive regular w/Dep BAH or the partial rate?

scsmith43

pilot
I asked this on another thread but didn't receive a response. Does anyone have insight on OHARP with dependents? Needs of the Navy versus personal request. Would one receive regular w/Dep BAH or the partial rate?
Since your username is "swopeful" i'm going to assume you are SWO and therefore won't be receiving OHARP.

MR

Just graduated ocs as a swo. You won't get oharp.

MR

Not really. You'll have an opportunity to purchase anything you'll need at nex.

MR

Does anyone know when they start counting days toward the 12 weeks? Does it automatically start the Sunday you go in or do days start counting once you meet your class team?
It's actually a little shorter than 12 weeks. You improcessing on Sunday and graduate on a Friday. Two days short of 12 weeks.

MR

FYI...There is discussion happening right now to cut OCS to 10 weeks. This was confirmed by RDC's at OCS. NOTHING IS FOR SURE YET. Also, poopie suits are back bitches. No metal helmets though.

PhillipC

Got a stupid question here. Will I be able to wear my parachutist badge in the NWU? Also does the px on post have Army awards? Or will I need to purchase these before I go to OCS?

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
Got a stupid question here. Will I be able to wear my parachutist badge in the NWU? Also does the px on post have Army awards? Or will I need to purchase these before I go to OCS?
I'm almost positive the NEX Uniform shop carries awards for all branches. You'll need to figure out which ones are authorized for wear in Navy uniforms. Your parachutist badge should get stitched on when your nametape does, just make sure that the NEX knows that you need it.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Because after week 1 of candio phase you don't do shit

If that's true, I can kind of get behind it. The folks up at OTCN have spent so much time messing with the shitshow that is the first 3 weeks and have totally neglected the last 3 weeks. If you don't have a "real" billet you don't do much, and if you do, you hardly sleep. It's terrible division of labor. I hope this isn't why they are doing it, and that they try to fix candio phase rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater.