• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Bloomberg goes after CH/MH-53E

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Say...back in 1984, as a young infantry sergeant, I was on a night sling-load training exercise at Lejeune when the Corps tried to drop a CH-53 on my head. I got away safe, as did the crew, but the bird looked like it was swatted from the air by a giant fly-swatter!

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Rings true to me. I don't think there's a real appreciation of how the sequester and 15 years of war has impacted material and personnel readiness, specifically in aviation.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Rings true to me. I don't think there's a real appreciation of how the sequester and 15 years of war has impacted material and personnel readiness, specifically in aviation.
I'd argue that RBA is NAVAIR's top priority.

Pilot did a nice bit on availability of aircraft broken out by TMS awhile back.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I'd argue that RBA is NAVAIR's top priority.

Pilot did a nice bit on availability of aircraft broken out by TMS awhile back.

I'm glad the Top Men at NAVAIR are on the case, but this isn't rocket science. It's parts on the shelf, qualified maintainer end strength, and OPTAR. OFRP "right sized" them to a budget number for the last 5 years. Even new airframes (-60R/S, -18E/F, etc) are feeling the pain.

Edit: Not trying to slam people working hard above, but it's all about the money. They don't control it.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slash the DoD budget while fighting two land wars in Asia and this kinda thing happens.

Yes I know some of HM/HMH's problems predate, or aren't due to, the sequester, but it's crippling a lot of efforts to fix the problems.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
So a well-researched bit of journalism is "going after" something these days? Sheesh.
Didn't men it that way - maybe "Bloomberg highlighting ...". But the article is titled
The U.S. Military’s Most Powerful Helicopters Keep Killing Troops in Fiery Crashes
An investigation into a tragic consequence of the U.S. government budget sequester.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Didn't men it that way - maybe "Bloomberg highlighting ...". But the article is titled
The U.S. Military’s Most Powerful Helicopters Keep Killing Troops in Fiery Crashes
An investigation into a tragic consequence of the U.S. government budget sequester.

Which unfortunately, is not untrue...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So a well-researched bit of journalism is "going after" something these days? Sheesh.
Dude, it's 2016. That means that the proper way to describe you making an argument that questions the premises of someone who disagrees with you is "RadicalDude DEMOLISHES [topic] supporters! Point #3 is amazeballs!!" :rolleyes:

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Dude, it's 2016. That means that the proper way to describe you making an argument that questions the premises of someone who disagrees with you is "RadicalDude DEMOLISHES [topic] supporters! Point #3 is amazeballs!!" :rolleyes:

(Number 7 will SHOCK you!)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Click here to see the NEAT TRICK this Marine uses to keep helicopters falling out of the sky on him...