• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Using the GI Bill for Brewmaster School (I want to make my hobby a profession)

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
Has anyone used or know anyone who has used their 9/11 GI Bill in order to go to Brewmaster School? I am looking at a few programs that don't take it. UC Davis has a course that is approved by the VA, but that is in California (eww). Full disclaimer: I am lazy and didn't use any type of search function. I ain't got time for that.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

Be careful trucking that Colorado beer east of the Mississippi - but if you do, make sure you get a fast car for a blocker..... :) (always did love that black Trans Am)

Postscript: Just saw this last night as Turner Classic Movies - can't believe Smokey and the Bandit is 39 years old. Thought a trailer might be appropriate for those who have never seen or heard of it.

Last edited:

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Best beer name ever:

Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/the-worlds-strongest-beer-tactical-nuclear-penguin

penguinblog2_440.jpg

jsaldana_tacticalnuclearpenguin1.jpg

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are there any other good "hobby into a profession" routes you could go funded by the GI Bill? They used to be pretty tight-fisted when it came to 'professional training and licensing' but I hear it's loosened up of late. I def would never have thought Brewmeistering would be paid for.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You realize that a lot of analysts think that the brew market is at a bubble point, right? Way too many brewers for a market that's not growing anymore.

Not to burst your bubble, but have you considered wine and spirits? Those markets are going to do better going in to the future.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
You realize that a lot of analysts think that the brew market is at a bubble point, right? Way too many brewers for a market that's not growing anymore.

Not to burst your bubble, but have you considered wine and spirits? Those markets are going to do better going in to the future.

Spirits don't have a ghost of a chance of taking over the market.