• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
NETFOCUS now says, "STA-21 site is closed, will reopen when the board results are provided after 31 Oct 2016." I guess they don't want anyone trying to be nosey.

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
Sounds like it, guess they caught on after last year. I am glad that I have use or lose day on the books so I will have the next two weeks off and have plenty of house work to keep my mind occupied until.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
I will have the next two weeks off and have plenty of house work to keep my mind occupied until

Starting leave next week myself. Looking forward to the distraction from clicking refresh on airwarriors and NPC for a month.

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
Ha, I'm going on leave also. Only 6 days though. Until I injured my thumb, I'd only had 8 days off since April with working average of 12hr days.

DANG3R M0US3

STA-21 website has an updated message:

PLEASE NOTE: The FY-17 application cycle has closed. The Selection Board has concluded. Results should be released NLT 31 October via NAVADMIN. The application website (NetFocus) will remain closed while updates are incorporated.

At least we know the decisions have officially been made!

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
One more day until Oct. I remember the day I turned in my package and thinking that it would be so long before Oct. Well, Oct. is pretty much here. Went by a lot faster than I thought. I'm sure every day in Oct will just drag on, though.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
I'm trying not to think about it until at least 15OCT. However, odds are I'll start having a nervous breakdown by the 3rd.

DANG3R M0US3

After today's announcement, I am curious if the NAVADMIN will have rates listed since that is what is on our application, or if they will just put PO1, PO2, PO3, and SN.

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
After today's announcement, I am curious if the NAVADMIN will have rates listed since that is what is on our application, or if they will just put PO1, PO2, PO3, and SN.
Hopefully we will be moving over to the Officer community and this will not affect us but it is still interesting and seems like this came out of left field.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Hopefully we will be moving over to the Officer community and this will not affect us but it is still interesting and seems like this came out of left field.
This will forever effect you because it will affect the sailors you lead. Don't forget where you came from! Even if you become an O one day, you were ALWAYS a junior enlisted sailor at one point in your life. You are NEVER above what affects your sailors.

This rate-title drop has been in discussion for a long time. Sad to lose the tradition, but I see the necessity to drop the titles in a joint environment. I wonder why MCPON Mike Stevens retired so abruptly.....this is an odd time for our Navy. Hopefully our sailors will benefit from the change.

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
I don't like it but I'll adapt. I feel like there are other ways they could've accomplished the same thing without changing navy heritage.

Anyways, it's October!

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
This will forever effect you because it will affect the sailors you lead. Don't forget where you came from! Even if you become an O one day, you were ALWAYS a junior enlisted sailor at one point in your life. You are NEVER above what affects your sailors.

This rate-title drop has been in discussion for a long time. Sad to lose the tradition, but I see the necessity to drop the titles in a joint environment. I wonder why MCPON Mike Stevens retired so abruptly.....this is an odd time for our Navy. Hopefully our sailors will benefit from the change.
Thanks for keeping me in check and you are right it will affect our sailors whether we are O's or not. I did not mean this in a negative way but you have brought up a great point. I have/will never forget where I came from or the traditions of the hospital corps even if we change the name and drop the rate. I am not crazy about this but I do not think that change is always a bad thing or that we will lose our customs and traditions. They are what got us here and we will never forget that but we must realize that we are starting a new tradition and like it or not it may be what guides the Navy for the next 200 plus years. We are not above or below this issue but right in the middle and at the end of the day I personally do not think that it matters what you call me, I know there is more too it than that but like I said before I look forward to and embrace change.
All and all thanks for the words of advice.