• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Everett, WA

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
"There's a great Cajun restaurant called Alligator Soul "

LOL Being from Louisiana, I find that hard to believe...

In any case, if I get my first choice, Everett is where I wanna be.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
LOL Being from Louisiana, I find that hard to believe...

In any case, if I get my first choice, Everett is where I wanna be.

Oh, come on. I love it when folks from Looosiana cock a snoot about Cajun food beyond the parishes. Believe it or not, there are excellent, authentic Cajun and Nawlins restaurants outside of LA. Best jambalaya I've ever had was at a place in SoCal, from a chef who sounded like he was channeling Justin Wilson.

In fairness - a buddy I flew with from Baton Rouge used to say, "There's Cajun restaurants and then there's Cajun-themed restaurants." Can't argue with him there.

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Have to agree with your buddy...but then again we ARE a little bit snobby about our food. :)

Of course, there are a lot of transplants from home that open restaurants elsewhere. Found a great place in Destin, although I can't remember the name of it.

banjosquirrel

Reopening an older thread because I'm heading to OCS in August and really hoping to get a slot on a DDG in Everett. From what I've read, there are at least three that are currently associated with Everett, either already there or on their way, although I'm having trouble finding out much about that. With an approximate graduation date in November, I feel confident that if I do well at OCS I'll have a chance to end up in my top choice. Does anyone have any insight on the likelihood of getting a spot on a DDG in Everett this year? Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Reopening an older thread because I'm heading to OCS in August and really hoping to get a slot on a DDG in Everett. From what I've read, there are at least three that are currently associated with Everett, either already there or on their way, although I'm having trouble finding out much about that. With an approximate graduation date in November, I feel confident that if I do well at OCS I'll have a chance to end up in my top choice. Does anyone have any insight on the likelihood of getting a spot on a DDG in Everett this year? Thanks!

42%

Hey, this is unrelated to Everett, but if you're in the 21AUG class, we have a Facebook group set up, if you're interested. Just search it on FB, and we'll add you.

Some heads up, since you seem to be going off some bad gauge that I also went in with:

First, ship selection almost never comes down to where you fall at OCS. I saw it happen once in eight classes this year, and then only for the top two people who were fighting it out, and conceded among each other based on merits. 99% of the time it's everyone sitting in a room spinning bullshit sob stories about how they have dying grandmother's or dying mothers in location X that they have to get home to. It's astonishing how Spain, Hawaii, and San Diego are apparently where all the people on death's door live, and equally amazing how you'll never hear about these sob stories again. So good luck with that. Not saying it's hopeless, but don't expect that your achievement is going to mean shit to the rest of your class. If class team has to get involved (e.g. your class can't work it out) it tends to go shitty. My class team told us if we didn't deliver a list we'd all agreed on and signed off on they would have us draw names out of a hat at random.

Second, if it does come down to rank, based on when selection takes place, the determining score is PFA. If you max your PFA out the odds are you can go wherever you want. The only scores you'll have for calculating class rank are Engineering and Weapons Test, RLP, and your In PFA. None of your other achievements matter, your billet doesn't matter, literally nothing but the mathematical average. Since RLP scores only have an maximum range of 80-93 most of the time, and the academics are so laughably easy that class averages in the 90s aren't uncommon, the guy with the best PFA almost always determines.

Anyway, as to Everett actual, and the possibility of slots.... Class 06-16 had an Everett spot, Class 07-16 had an Everett spot, Class 13-16 had two Everett spots, and nothing since then. So they come along, but not super frequently. Of the six DDGS slated for Everett eventually, three are there presently, two are supposed to move in the next year or so, and the last isn't finished building yet. The number of ships though in a port is less important than the number of SWOs in your class. If your class only has 3-4 SWOS (I've seen as few as 2) you're only going to get 4-5 choices total. The odds of Everett showing up on that list are pretty small. If, on the other hand, you've got like 16-20 SWOs, I'd say you might get as high as 50/50 on having an Everett ship. Regardless, rest assured it's utterly out of your hands.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Everett, as a town, is kind of a shithole. Sure, there's proximity to Seattle and all the glory of my beloved Pac NW, but if I were a SWO, I'd go for San Diego on the west coast over Everett.