• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Must be in Texas... correct?
Nope, Virginia. One thing of note is that I went with an individual ownership vs a trust. Not sure if that materially makes a difference as far as the evaluation process goes.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
image.jpeg
Nope, Virginia. One thing of note is that I went with an individual ownership vs a trust. Not sure if that materially makes a difference as far as the evaluation process goes.
I assumed Texas as cans are able to be mailed after form4 approval and a nics check done via fax. Is there a waiting period to pick up a can in VA or are you not able to get to your SOT till then?

Final "new purchase" photo for the thread, had to get a new host to go along with new can.... Budget blown, again...

Last edited:

FlyinSpy

Contributor
View attachment 16155
I assumed Texas as cans are able to be mailed after form4 approval and a nics check done via fax. Is there a waiting period to pick up a can in VA or are you not able to get to your SOT till then?
No waiting period, but they still have to do the instant background check and then mail out more paperwork to the local CLEO - then they can mail it to me. In fact, just got notice that it was shipped earlier today. Will post a pic when it arrives; in the meantime, my initial stock of subsonic ammo is standing by in a proverbial high state of readiness!
Gemtech.jpg

FlyinSpy

Contributor
Finally. The thing is ridiculously quiet, too. I shot it in my basement, and didn't need anything close to hearing protection. The action cycling was definitely louder than the shot itself, and the brass bouncing off the wall was also a contributor. I keep hoping the snake that showed up in my backyard the day before yesterday makes another appearance; it was the rationale I used for my wife in explaining why I "needed" one.IMG_7266 (002).JPG

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How is that thing cycling on subsonic ammo? Can't get mine to reliably cycle unless I shoot about the hottest stuff I can find.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Finally. The thing is ridiculously quiet, too. I shot it in my basement, and didn't need anything close to hearing protection. The action cycling was definitely louder than the shot itself, and the brass bouncing off the wall was also a contributor. I keep hoping the snake that showed up in my backyard the day before yesterday makes another appearance; it was the rationale I used for my wife in explaining why I "needed" one.View attachment 16207

Sweet! Addiction started, your wallet is now F-ed...

FlyinSpy

Contributor
How is that thing cycling on subsonic ammo? Can't get mine to reliably cycle unless I shoot about the hottest stuff I can find.
From a very limited sample size, it handled the Gemtech stuff with no issues. In a week or two I'll put it thru its paces outdoors with a full set of ammo, and will let you know how it goes. Next up: an SBR'd PS90, which my Spectre II will also fit. It is indeed a slippery slope....

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From a very limited sample size, it handled the Gemtech stuff with no issues. In a week or two I'll put it thru its paces outdoors with a full set of ammo, and will let you know how it goes. Next up: an SBR'd PS90, which my Spectre II will also fit. It is indeed a slippery slope....
Please. I even sent mine back to the manufacture. Didn't come back much better. I really love to play with it, but currently it serves as a manfuction drill trainer. Might have to have a local smithy work on the spring.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Time for a rainy day project...

30155668485_c6970a7cfb_b.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
One man's Thursday is another man's Friday night armageddon. Thanks for raining on my optimism.

See what I did there?

Pags

N/A
pilot
One man's Thursday is another man's Friday night armageddon. Thanks for raining on my optimism.

See what I did there?
No, I don't get it. It will probably be funnier if you explain it. :)

At least you'll be prepared to keep looters away. Or to maximize your own looting capabilities.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You weren't lying. Unicorn fart, indeed!
My folks have property in coastal FL; I went to bed last night wondering whether it'd still exist today. I'll take "huge annoying mess to clean up" over "utter apocalypse" every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Central/South FL just dodged a freaking bullet.