• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
I created a cover letter for myself and I thought I'd share it.

This was helpful, but as an FYI for 99 Airwarriors, the NPC page calls out in red DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. Which concerns me...because numbers work better than names. Anyway...just thought I'd share. Attempting this new process this morning.

Flash too

None
I am trying to finish up the extremely long Chaplains Course Part 3 and can't get into the NETC site to upload answers. I keep getting a "run time error" message. Anyone having an issue with the site? Hopefully it is just temporary.

Flash too

None
I am trying to finish up the extremely long Chaplains Course Part 3 and can't get into the NETC site to upload answers. I keep getting a "run time error" message. Anyone having an issue with the site? Hopefully it is just temporary.
Yeah, fixed. It was probably user error.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
I emailed my certs to the address on NPC...I have yet to receive a response (2 days). Is the response automated or does someone have to respond to me? Side note: Anyone else noticed extreme latency when typing on Airwarriors?

CoyoteK

Was wondering if anyone knows if as an IRR officer I can get retirement points for the Boatswain's Mate and Master at Arms courses. They are listed on last years lists for MAs and BMs but the list that goes into effect tomorrow has them listed as GENETRA for all designators (I'm an 1145). It's confusing to me.

I submitted them today but now wondering if I need to resubmit after the new list goes into effect tomorrow.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
I just received a positive confirmation email letting me know my certs were received, approved and forwarded for processing. Took about 6 days to get the email.

Duncan Idaho

I like cheese.
None
Was wondering if anyone knows if as an IRR officer I can get retirement points for the Boatswain's Mate and Master at Arms courses. They are listed on last years lists for MAs and BMs but the list that goes into effect tomorrow has them listed as GENETRA for all designators (I'm an 1145). It's confusing to me.

I submitted them today but now wondering if I need to resubmit after the new list goes into effect tomorrow.

No idea what NPC will end up doing with those particular courses this time around. As a general rule, it doesn't matter when one submits the certificate but rather what rules were in effect at the time you completed the class.

Stang05

pilot
I spoke with CNRF N7 AT2 M..... today. She was not aware that NPC posted a more restrictive list that had course number errors. She is going to "Brow-beat" NPC and attempt to get their web designer to fix the errors.
In the meantime, the N7 list dated AGU15 is still useful...all NPC did was to restrict the courses you are allowed to submit. So in my case (1315) I can do GENTRA and AVIATION- those course details can still be pulled accurately from the N7 AUG15 list...

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Congrats Randy! I hit my 20-year anniv today--really makes me regret my two bad years, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Congrats on 20! Make sure you take care of that Survivor Benefits Program as soon as possible.

I am 29 years good years in the books, a few more until high year tenure. Had one year just above the 50 point threshold and really miss those 70+ points but the rest were maxed out or pretty close to it.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
I'm assuming everyone go this email today? Appears to be a little stale as we all knew this was coming ...but worth posting, I suppose.

Dear IRR Member,
Significant changes have been made to the policy for completing and crediting IRR ASP Correspondence Courses for Retirement Points. You must review the new process in its entirety on the NPC IRR ASP website. All courses completed after 15 AUG 2016 must adhere to the new policy; dated 15 AUG 2016.
- The IRR Course Listing is now broken into Field of Study categories and eligible courses will be based on the member's rate, rank, and designator.
- The course completion certificates will now be screened by PERS-93 (IRR Management) prior to PERS-912 (Points and Retirement) awarding retirements points.
- As a member of the IRR ASP, familiarization with our NPC IRR ASP website is absolutely vital to your success in completing the correct Correspondence Courses to receive Retirement Points.
Our website: http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/reservepersonnelmgmt/IRR/Pages/default2.aspx
Our website is the primary source keeping up to date with new information and process changes.
You may send your information to us via unencrypted email to irr_courses@navy.mil or by facsimile (fax) at 901-874-2363. Lastly, you may elect to send your information via the U.S. Postal Service to 5720 Integrity Dr, Millington, TN 38055 ATTN: NPC PERS-93. For your safety please do not include your Social Security Number on any correspondence.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I'm assuming everyone go this email today? Appears to be a little stale as we all knew this was coming ...but worth posting, I suppose.

Dear IRR Member,
Significant changes have been made to the policy for completing and crediting IRR ASP Correspondence Courses for Retirement Points. You must review the new process in its entirety on the NPC IRR ASP website. All courses completed after 15 AUG 2016 must adhere to the new policy; dated 15 AUG 2016.
- The IRR Course Listing is now broken into Field of Study categories and eligible courses will be based on the member's rate, rank, and designator.
- The course completion certificates will now be screened by PERS-93 (IRR Management) prior to PERS-912 (Points and Retirement) awarding retirements points.
- As a member of the IRR ASP, familiarization with our NPC IRR ASP website is absolutely vital to your success in completing the correct Correspondence Courses to receive Retirement Points.
Our website: http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/reservepersonnelmgmt/IRR/Pages/default2.aspx
Our website is the primary source keeping up to date with new information and process changes.
You may send your information to us via unencrypted email to irr_courses@navy.mil or by facsimile (fax) at 901-874-2363. Lastly, you may elect to send your information via the U.S. Postal Service to 5720 Integrity Dr, Millington, TN 38055 ATTN: NPC PERS-93. For your safety please do not include your Social Security Number on any correspondence.
Sounds ominous.

Years from now, when Millennials run BUPERS, the Correspondence Course process will probably look like this:
Pokemon-GO-iOS-screenshots.jpg

Dear IRR Member,

Well, while I'm not happy with how the Navy's treating the IRR, it sounds like maybe this is a step in the right direction as far as somewhat-clear guidance at least.