• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

DANG3R M0US3

If you don't get picked up then you must suck at interviews, be a liar, otherwise I quit. If you're for real then there is NO WAY you won't be on the list.

For those of you reading the list of courses he's completed....GET THERE!

Good luck to everyone!

Chief season is no joke....

Or it could be because my personal statement is terrible or there are a few people out there who do more than I do. I already don't sleep until 0200 or 0300 because of homework some nights, so I can't imagine trying to pick up anything else. Hoping for the best, but preparing for bad news. Three STA-21 boards and one Chief board but haven't been selected as the result of a board yet. Congratulations on making Chief and best of luck for the next few weeks!

DANG3R M0US3

Only 6-10 weeks left. This isn't going by slow or anything.

The good news is that the board will be convening soon.

Does anyone know what the Navy Leadership Training Continuum Course is? It is mentioned in the letter to those that get selected and that it should be completed prior to being transferred to NSI. I'm just wondering if this is something that applies only to officer programs, or if it something enlisted Sailors should be completing too.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
The good news is that the board will be convening soon.

Does anyone know what the Navy Leadership Training Continuum Course is? It is mentioned in the letter to those that get selected and that it should be completed prior to being transferred to NSI. I'm just wondering if this is something that applies only to officer programs, or if it something enlisted Sailors should be completing too.
What letter are you referring to? I didn't see it on the website.

DANG3R M0US3

What letter are you referring to? I didn't see it on the website.

It's under the conditional selectees/alternates information package. I'm being a little obsessive and checking the website over and over again to see if there is any info that might help me for another package, should it come to that.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
It's under the conditional selectees/alternates information package. I'm being a little obsessive and checking the website over and over again to see if there is any info that might help me for another package, should it come to that.
Lol ok. That is the old PO Indoc course name. It doesn't exist any more. Most of that information in the selectee/alternate page is garbage. They don't do a stellar job of keeping up with updates. If you have any specific questions about what to prepare for, you should ask them here or call the STA 21 office.

I would start your medical screening now. That can cause the biggest hold up. Waivers can take forever....

DANG3R M0US3

Lol ok. That is the old PO Indoc course name. It doesn't exist any more. Most of that information in the selectee/alternate page is garbage. They don't do a stellar job of keeping up with updates. If you have any specific questions about what to prepare for, you should ask them here or call the STA 21 office.

I would start your medical screening now. That can cause the biggest hold up. Waivers can take forever....

Thank you. I know they keep saying that the stuff on the website is the most current, but that is not true for all items on the site I guess. I will start looking into the medical screening, but not sure if my command will do it until they see if I have been selected.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
It's almost September!
There had better be a LOT of names from this forum on that NAVADMIN in October!

If not, make sure and reach out to those who have been selected and find out what you may be missing.

This program isn't rocket science, but it's still not easy. Good luck everyone! I can't wait until the list is released, I know there will be some VERY happy sailors on that day!

DANG3R M0US3

So...what is everyone taking for classes this semester? Just trying to kill some time and get some conversation going while we wait on results.

I am currently in Energy Systems/Power Electronics and will be taking either Signals and Systems I or Circuits II in the second half of the fall. (ASU does 7 1/2 week online sessions)

Also, as a question for those who have previously been selected. Should I hold off on using TA for the second half of fall semester in case I get selected? I had heard that I would have to pay it back if picked up.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
So...what is everyone taking for classes this semester? Just trying to kill some time and get some conversation going while we wait on results.

I am currently in Energy Systems/Power Electronics and will be taking either Signals and Systems I or Circuits II in the second half of the fall. (ASU does 7 1/2 week online sessions)

Also, as a question for those who have previously been selected. Should I hold off on using TA for the second half of fall semester in case I get selected? I had heard that I would have to pay it back if picked up.
When does the second half of your fall semester end? You won't class up until February, so as long as you aren't taking classes then, I would say it'd be a non-issue. Good luck in your studies!

DANG3R M0US3

When does the second half of your fall semester end? You won't class up until February, so as long as you aren't taking classes then, I would say it'd be a non-issue. Good luck in your studies!

B term is October 12th - December 2nd. I guess I'll submit the TA request then!

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
I'm currently trying to get setup through excelsior college. I've procrastinated a while. Should hopefully be able to get at least one class done.

DANG3R M0US3

It's board month!
5+Feelings+You+Have+at+the+Starting+Line