• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

goldmanharry91

Adding to my fucking nightmare situation the contractor that hired me back in March wants me to start training even though I'll be leaving for the Navy right when I potentially will start working. 6 week training course beginning the second week of September. They'll only let me off with official orders. Always thought I would have my orders by now and wouldn't have to bother working for them (as I never intended on it as in March I had a strong feeling that I would get selected and this would be moot). FML.

PhillipC

Not sure how this happened I was definitely expecting a 2+ month wait. I literally scrambled to grab my shoes to go run after hanging up the phone. I'm super nervous about the PFT, mainly push-ups.
A little advice...(11 years in the Army and done my fair share of push-ups) Incorporate push-ups into your strength training every other day. Do pyramid sets (20,15,10,10, 15, 20 etc...) and build up that way. Also be sure to practice proper form and ensure you do the min before even thinking about taking a break.

PhillipC

Not sure how this happened I was definitely expecting a 2+ month wait. I literally scrambled to grab my shoes to go run after hanging up the phone. I'm super nervous about the PFT, mainly push-ups.
And congrats by the way, hopefully the rest of us don't have to wait to long.

flynavy830

A little advice...(11 years in the Army and done my fair share of push-ups) Incorporate push-ups into your strength training every other day. Do pyramid sets (20,15,10,10, 15, 20 etc...) and build up that way. Also be sure to practice proper form and ensure you do the min before even thinking about taking a break.

I've been doing this, all through my day... But my max hasn't increased much. My best guess is it's due to amount of daily push-ups I'm doing. So when I rest a few days before reporting, the results should show?

zboy

None
I've been doing this, all through my day... But my max hasn't increased much. My best guess is it's due to amount of daily push-ups I'm doing. So when I rest a few days before reporting, the results should show?
I found this video on youtube that has helped a lot...My max was 62 and after a few weeks of doing this routine I was able to do 80