• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Nice.

I've run it a bit more, and actually on a timer. I've found it consistently (albeit only slightly so) faster than a Vortex HD 1-6,.....

Thanks for the updated feedback. Considered both the vortex and ELCAN when I picked up my ACOG- went with the TA-11 for eye relief and pure ruggedness. Next optic purchase will be a LPV. VCOG, HD, and leupold are on the short list.... Decisions...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks for the updated feedback. Considered both the vortex and ELCAN when I picked up my ACOG- went with the TA-11 for eye relief and pure ruggedness. Next optic purchase will be a LPV. VCOG, HD, and leupold are on the short list.... Decisions...

As of today, it appears my Elcan has developed a tumor. I may need to call a Docter. Pics to follow...eventually.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
1.) Rifles with detachable magazines can no longer be sold after 2016. Existing detachable-magazine rifles have to be sold/stored out of state, registered, or permanently modified such that the magazine cannot be detached (e.g. no more CA "bullet buttons" unless it's registered as an "assault weapon"). Also, no transfers of registered "assault weapons" (now defined as any rifle with a detachable magazine) within the state, unless they can be permanently modified to no longer have detachable magazines.

2.) No more possession of any magazines >10rds. The previous restriction from 2000 was against buying, selling, or importing said mags, but so-called "pre-ban" mags were allegedly OK to keep. After July 2017, all existing mags >10 rds must be sold, turned in, or destroyed, unless you're prior LE.

3.) It will be illegal to loan a gun to a friend without a state background check. So sorry, you can't borrow my pistol for that NRA course.

4.) An I.D. and background check will be required to buy ammo in the state, and a database of all ammunition buyers will be created by the state of CA. (starts in July 2019).

Additional info can be found here, here, and here. The third link provides an interesting Q&A.
Awesome- and my most likely next orders are to San Dog...

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
NFA fever is a serious illness dude- be careful, if you catch it you are screwed into a never ending painful cycle of pain and joy... Fun stuff tho

Ha ha yeah I'm slowly finding that out. Waiting for the stamp for my first can right now, just a little Surefire 22 for some cheap quiet plinking, with the goal of convincing the wife they're a worthwhile investment.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Whats the current wait on stamp for a can?

6 weeks ago, it was 4 months. 4 weeks ago (when I just listened to the automated message), it was 4 1/2 months. 2 weeks ago (when I called to make sure I didn't have a hold), it was 5 months. The helpful women who gave me my pending dates also said she's seeing 5 to 5 1/2 months.

I think the approval time is asymptotic to my reality.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Just picked up my newest a couple days ago, dead air mask .22. 04 Feb check cashed, approved 04 Aug, arrived dealer 24 Aug. 200 days total... painful.. next one in the cue is at 171 and is the one i am most excited about (Rugged Obsidian). I have a couple of other cans i ordered in June, I am guessing close to a year for those...IMG_3111.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
Just picked up my newest a couple days ago, dead air mask .22. 04 Feb check cashed, approved 04 Aug, arrived dealer 24 Aug. 200 days total... painful.. next one in the cue is at 171 and is the one i am most excited about (Rugged Obsidian). I have a couple of other cans i ordered in June, I am guessing close to a year for those...View attachment 16145
That's a decent bottle of wine on the far right. I like a lot of the stuff "19 Crimes" is slinging.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
The worst is when you need a gunsmith too. I am waiting for the stamp to comeback to make my ak47 an SBR underfolder. Called JBI here in Texas and he said expect 4-6 months for the work to get done too since he's so backed up. FML

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Just got the notice of my approval; 6 months to the day from when I mailed it in. (Silencerco Spectre II, first time down the NFA route.) Had to do the final paperwork yesterday, should have it in hand by early next week!

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
The worst is when you need a gunsmith too. I am waiting for the stamp to comeback to make my ak47 an SBR underfolder. Called JBI here in Texas and he said expect 4-6 months for the work to get done too since he's so backed up. FML

That sounds awesome. I had a Form 1 go through in June at a bit over four months.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Just got the notice of my approval; 6 months to the day from when I mailed it in. (Silencerco Spectre II, first time down the NFA route.) Had to do the final paperwork yesterday, should have it in hand by early next week!
Must be in Texas... correct?