• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I competitive for Navy OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyPAStudent

Hi everybody,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I would like to hear your opinions about my personal competitiveness for Navy OCS. I understand that they look at the candidate from a holistic perspective. About me:

3.47 cumulative GPA
~3.7 science GPA
GRE scores: 155 quant, 159 verbal, 5 essays
Bachelor's degree in economics
I have taken science coursework in biology, stats and calculus, medicine, psychology, and chemistry
Medical and retail job experience, and volunteer translation work at the DOI in Washington
Speak French fluently and some Spanish (and some English!)

I have not taken the ASTB/OAR, and have not spoken to a recruiter. I would love to hear what you guys would say about how competitive I am. I would also like to hear any suggestions for making myself more competitive.

I should note that I am applying for physician assistant school, and am working with a medical officer recruiter. I would like to hear though about whether I could be a line officer or something else non-medical.

As for which type of officer, I am leaning toward supply core or SWO.

Thanks!

NavyPAStudent

So from what I have gleaned from other threads is that I am within the optimal GPA range. But I would like to get some one else's perspective about my whole profile.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So from what I have gleaned from other threads is that I am within the optimal GPA range. But I would like to get some one else's perspective about my whole profile.

Once again, there's an entire thread already dedicated to this which offers information straight from NRC as well as various applicants and officer recruiters. The whole purpose is to avoid folks from posting separate "hey guys how competitive am I?" threads every single day and just compile them into one big thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.