• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Anyone else notice the changes coming in August? It looks like there is a new automated submission process too.

I wonder how the approved list will change next month.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n.../IRR/Pages/Reserve_Retirement_Points_FAQ.aspx

Also, it seems weird that 111X has so many options for fields of training but 112X can only use GENTRA courses.

Great catch - thank you. Did I miss it or is JKO going away? For everybody trying to get points - better hurry.

Duncan Idaho

I like cheese.
None
Anyone else notice the changes coming in August? It looks like there is a new automated submission process too.
I like that they are supposed to send emails when the courses are received and entered. That could help. At least they seem to be moving toward a better process.

Last edited:

jmj

Thanks for the cover letter template that is very helpful.

The new submission process is way more convenient than the fax process we had to use before. It'll automatically email you when the submission is downloaded by the recipient. So, no more guessing/multiple phone calls to find out if it was actually received.

jmj

Yeah, it looks like whoever edited the spreadsheet messed it up. The course numbers are offset from the course titles.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Naval War College just made the list...JPME modules only...officers only.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
For those in the IRR, it is 11 days until the course list changes (new list and format to submit) is 15 August. If you are trying to do courses without a CAC card, that leaves NETC, FEMA and JKO. No changes to the FEMA course list but all of JKO is going away. As mentioned above, there is a big mess with the NETC course numbers not matching the titles - hope to see that cleared up. Also all of the upper level Naval War College courses are gone; however the JPME modules are still available which are quite interesting.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Last week for the old system before the courses change (some expire completely) - changes take effect 15 August.

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
Just found out I crossed the finish line with 20 good years of service - considering trying to get another year or two, or simply punt into retirement and wait until I'm 60 for the cash money to start rolling in....

From the look of the CC process, I don't know if I have the strength to do that anymore without a CAC card...

jmj

The new submission process is much improved.

1. Upload certificates with cover page.
2. A couple of days later got an email that the certificates were downloaded.
3. A few days after that got an email from PERS that the certificates were confirmed to be on the current list and gave me the point value.

All I had to do was upload the documents...everything else happened automatically. It's way better than faxing and having to make several phone calls to find out if the fax was received.

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
I know it can be worth some money, but I look over the CC list and it is just draining to look at them.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I know it can be worth some money, but I look over the CC list and it is just draining to look at them.

Give it a shot for a year or 2 and think of it as extra money you can spoil your grandkids with - that is usually a good enough incentive for motivation.