• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

abigail vytlas

OCS SNFO/AMDO
ANY commission is a good commission. Sometimes it's not what about what you WANT to do for your country....it's about what your country NEEDS you to do. It's good to put round blocks in round holes.

You are absolutely right. So sense they had you go Nuk did you then have to change your major?

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
No, I've always been an electrical engineering major. I met a Nuke LT who was a finance major. The degree is less pertinent than academic aptitude.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Thanks! I'll check with them in a few days then. Right now my status still shows that my package hasn't been reviewed yet. I'm sure they are extremely busy this time of year!

My package was reviewed but now the NETFOCUS Package Status has changed from a tally of all my documents to simply "1 package received" and a message that it has been assigned to a reviewer. All of the tallies are now gone. I sent them another document today but I suppose I won't be able to confirm it arrived unless I call.

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
My package was reviewed but now the NETFOCUS Package Status has changed from a tally of all my documents to simply "1 package received" and a message that it has been assigned to a reviewer. All of the tallies are now gone. I sent them another document today but I suppose I won't be able to confirm it arrived unless I call.

I just logged in to check mine and I have the same thing going on as well. Slowly getting closer!

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
I now have package received, assigned to reviewer and initial review all complete. Be nice if results happened sooner this year.

Same here. The board won't convene until September and the selectees list has to go through multiple people with stars on their collars. Historically, its been mid-late October and there's no reason to think it would be any different. As far as packages getting reviewed quickly, the only explanation I can come up with is that number of applicants continues to dwindle as opportunity remains very low.

I am assuming that if the initial review is complete that your package is good to go and will continue to the board? Can anyone shed light on that?

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Your initial application will be reviewed and checked for disqualifiers. You would have been notified if you were a disqual. Then it will be scored. You will receive an OBJECTIVE score based on the items you submitted to the board.

If you're interested in how the package is scored read my report in last year's forum. I broke the entire process down. It really sheds some light on where you should be emphasizing your package for this or next year.

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
Congrats! How does that work since your an officer canidate? I'd imagine you would eventually get paid for E-7 if your still in college by that time. For some reason I had always thought they could tell via an eval or some other way that you're in STA-21 so even if they wanted to pick you, they'd save it for someone else.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Congrats! How does that work since your an officer canidate? I'd imagine you would eventually get paid for E-7 if your still in college by that time. For some reason I had always thought they could tell via an eval or some other way that you're in STA-21 so even if they wanted to pick you, they'd save it for someone else.

Well I'll go through what part of season I can...I have the next 3 weeks off after finals next week. So I know where I'll be...I definitely will get paid. They can tell from your PSR that you are in STA-21. My UIC and duty station are both tied to the program. Another one of my friends from STA-21 just got selected for Chief as well. It's a points game. They have to be fair and just in selecting the most qualified individuals. I never figured I'd get the nod. It's all too humbling for me to realize right now.