• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Graduate GPA

raesmyname

Which GPA is considered when submitting an OCS package? If my undergraduate GPA isn't stellar and disqualifies me from certain jobs, will they consider my graduate GPA even if I haven't finished graduate school yet?

For instance, if my undergrad GPA is a 2.7 and my current graduate GPA is a 3.8, do they only consider undergrad (highest completed), graduate only (current), or a combination of the two?

I am asking here because I got two very different answers from two different recruiters and I am hoping to get a solid answer from you guys.

Thanks!

VWXThrasher378

Its a combination of the two. I took a few graduate level courses for my job and my OR took the cumulative GPA of each of my transcripts and came up with an average.

My advice, make sure your Officer Recruiter is calculating this metric accurately. I've read stories on this forum where applicants where Pro-Rec N because their average GPA was not computed appropriately. To their credit, all transcripts have different formats and appearance so the computation can get a little tricky.

exNavyOffRec

Its a combination of the two. I took a few graduate level courses for my job and my OR took the cumulative GPA of each of my transcripts and came up with an average.

My advice, make sure your Officer Recruiter is calculating this metric accurately. I've read stories on this forum where applicants where Pro-Rec N because their average GPA was not computed appropriately. To their credit, all transcripts have different formats and appearance so the computation can get a little tricky.

basically you add all GPA points earned and divide by all credits attempted and that will give the average GPA, so rough estimate a 2.7 UG and 3.8 grad will average to 3.07

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
We get these calls all the time. "I want to be a SWO/Supply/IWC and have a 2.5 undergrad GPA but a 3.5 graduate GPA..."

Doesn't work that way.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Just thinking out loud: What if you earned a second bachelor's degree years after the first one?

(Ain't no one got time for that, though.)

Sonog

pilot
The OR's are saying its cumulative. Take the amount of credits from each source, multiply them by their respective gpas, then add them and divide by the total number of credits