• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 223

cofranc736

Not selected or preselected.

Trying again in the winter.

Sorry to hear that. Keep up the motivation and be even more prepared for the Winter board!

How were you informed about not being selected? Did your OSO contact you? I haven't heard anything yet (9th MCRD)

Cougars15

Sorry to hear that. Keep up the motivation and be even more prepared for the Winter board!

How were you informed about not being selected? Did your OSO contact you? I haven't heard anything yet (9th MCRD)

My OSO called me. I wasn't upset kind of. I thought I'd get preselected for May at least but I shall try again.

cofranc736

Just got the call from my OSO that I will be sweating and screaming at Quantico in September. Best of luck to everyone else.

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, in which recruiting division are you located? I'm in the 9th MCRD and haven't heard any word yet from my OSO

Do the boards meet by division or is it national?

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, in which recruiting division are you located? I'm in the 9th MCRD and haven't heard any word yet from my OSO

Do the boards meet by division or is it national?

Thank you, I do appreciate it. I'm in the 4th MCRD (Raleigh, NC). The boards are met nationally. I'm sure you will hear within a day or so. Best of luck!

cofranc736

Congrats to all that have been selected! Just heard back from my OSO, got selected but not leaving until January.

Congrats! Do you mind telling me what your PFT and general stats are? I'm just trying to measure up how competitive I am on this OCC 223 board. I haven't received word yet as to whether or not I've been accepted.

Slick_Trix

Congrats! Do you mind telling me what your PFT and general stats are? I'm just trying to measure up how competitive I am on this OCC 223 board. I haven't received word yet as to whether or not I've been accepted.

Yeah no problem. I thought I had my stats listed in my signature but I'll add them here too.

25 M prior service
6 years enlisted Air Force Reserve (medic)
Biology degree from Colorado State University
EMT/CPR Instructor
ASTB scores OAR 58 6/7/7
PFT: 300
PRK surgery Oct 2015
NAMI cleared June 2016

Not sure how big of a factor it played but my LORs were pretty solid too. 3 O6s including a Flight Physician and former AF pilot and several O4s and some family friends.

My biggest concern was my GPA. It's super low. Like embarrassingly low haha if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

cofranc736

Yeah no problem. I thought I had my stats listed in my signature but I'll add them here too.

25 M prior service
6 years enlisted Air Force Reserve (medic)
Biology degree from Colorado State University
EMT/CPR Instructor
ASTB scores OAR 58 6/7/7
PFT: 300
PRK surgery Oct 2015
NAMI cleared June 2016

Not sure how big of a factor it played but my LORs were pretty solid too. 3 O6s including a Flight Physician and former AF pilot and several O4s and some family friends.

My biggest concern was my GPA. It's super low. Like embarrassingly low haha if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Oh wow, that's an impressive packet you have there! Judging yours off of mine, I'm extremely worried now. Yours seems a lot stronger than mine. The only big things in my packet are my GPA and leadership roles.

I'll keep my hopes up though and hopefully I'll hear something soon.

cofranc736

I know! I'm pumped! I'm kind of concerned though because I injured my foot a week ago and haven't been able to run since; it's still hard to stand on my foot for too long. I've been doing RICE and ibuprofen. I just hope my foot heals in time and my cardio hasn't gone down the drain...

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
I know! I'm pumped! I'm kind of concerned though because I injured my foot a week ago and haven't been able to run since; it's still hard to stand on my foot for too long. I've been doing RICE and ibuprofen. I just hope my foot heals in time and my cardio hasn't gone down the drain...

Keep resting and keep your head up brother, it will be good to go by the 10th.