• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVAIR Reserve Program (NRP) and DCO opportunities: AEDO & AMDO

Goodfou

Results are finally trickling out. I spoke with the package processor at NRD Jacksonville today and she told me she just received word that I have been selected as an alternate for AMDO. Does anyone know how to find out the number of people who were pro rec'd?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I spoke with the package processor at NRD Jacksonville today and she told me she just received word that I have been selected as an alternate for AMDO.
Congrats Goodfou! As a rule, is this is a thing? Do other DCO boards select alternates?

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
Results are finally trickling out. I spoke with the package processor at NRD Jacksonville today and she told me she just received word that I have been selected as an alternate for AMDO. Does anyone know how to find out the number of people who were pro rec'd?

Your OR and processor should be able to tell you how many were selected. That info is in CIRMS (maybe I have the acronym right).

Goodfou

Thanks for the information AQ. Hair, every board is different. They don't have to select anyone, let alone an alternate. Selecting an alternate just helps ensure the billet(s) will be filled. As long as said person is fully qualified, many boards select an alternate.

So Oct. 1 is quickly arriving and no contact relative to commission. Is this right? I was selected Oct 2015 but as a FY17 selectee. Should I see FinSel soon?

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
When your processor needs to create your COMDOCs they will probably ask you for info needed to create them. This should happen after the Processor receives your oath, which I assume is also know as the FinSel. It contains the oath of office and is signed by POTUS designated signer in the DOD. When your processor gets that letter, they will then create the COMDOCS, which is a dozen or so pages of signatures or varying importance.

I would assume nothing will happen until after 1 Oct.

I know it was a long wait, but at least you will not be wasting money on Type 1 NWU's!!!

When your processor needs to create your COMDOCs they will probably ask you for info needed to create them. This should happen after the Processor receives your oath, which I assume is also know as the FinSel. It contains the oath of office and is signed by POTUS designated signer in the DOD. When your processor gets that letter, they will then create the COMDOCS, which is a dozen or so pages of signatures or varying importance.

I would assume nothing will happen until after 1 Oct.

I know it was a long wait, but at least you will not be wasting money on Type 1 NWU's!!!
Roger that! After five years on this ride the next 45 days seem the longest now!

Glad I didn't waste my money on blueberries! Spending 8 years in the marines and 3 in the air force would have made difficult to wear anything that was not green!

homestead_us

So much for making this last DCO board. I was just informed that my package never made it to the the board when it was submitted in April. 2 years and 4 recruiters later, I'm in the same position as when I started. How deep does the incompetence run? Is there someone incharge that I can bring this to their attention or should I wait to get another new recruiter?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
So much for making this last DCO board. I was just informed that my package never made it to the the board when it was submitted in April. 2 years and 4 recruiters later, I'm in the same position as when I started. How deep does the incompetence run? Is there someone incharge that I can bring this to their attention or should I wait to get another new recruiter?

Sorry to hear that. It can be frustrating to feel like you've done everything right/asked of you, and you get a failure to launch from something outside your control. If it's still an option for you, I encourage you to apply again, and keep constant contact with your (new?) Officer Recruiter and also the processor, to ensure that every bit of paper is accounted for.

Took me three tries (at 20$ each + reviving/paying a 9 year old parking ticket) to get my transcripts into my kit. Sometimes this stuff happens, but if you can overcome it, it will give you the tenacity to help survive/thrive in the Navy.

Hang in there homestead. I went through 4 recruiters and multiple attempts at kit submissions that never made it to the board for some reason or another. Was finally selected Oct. 2015 only to find out that I was a FY 17 selectee so one more year in the queue. You may need to look outside your district to find a solid OR. In the mean time stay persistent and relevant!

homestead_us

Thanks for the kind words. No one seems to know what happened, my package is in the system but it never made it to the board... I tried to elevate the matter but the next in the chain is on leave so my issues sit idle until then. I wish someone looked into it when I was calling and checking in over the past 4 months. Either way, I'll give it another shot and try to apply for some other programs as well.

Matthew Hill

AMDO/1525
Brand new member here and first post. Boards are coming up in March-April for AMDO, correct? Any prospective candidates? I assume homestead will be giving it another shot?

homestead_us

Hey Matthew, welcome.

Update to my status. The recruiter found out my package was submitted but was returned for a clerical error, by the time it was corrected and submitted it was 3 days late so that's why I missed the board.... I was told the next board is in April as well, Ill apply for both and I'm going to try EDO as well, I just need to find out if I qualify from the recruiter. Well see what happens this time, my part is done.

Matthew Hill

AMDO/1525
Hey Matthew, welcome.

Update to my status. The recruiter found out my package was submitted but was returned for a clerical error, by the time it was corrected and submitted it was 3 days late so that's why I missed the board.... I was told the next board is in April as well, Ill apply for both and I'm going to try EDO as well, I just need to find out if I qualify from the recruiter. Well see what happens this time, my part is done.

Well I'm glad it got corrected. Looking at your previous posts it looks like you've had some bad experience with OR's. My OR seems to be on top of everything, so I hope she continues to work out. I'm applying for AMDO and AEDO (if I can a waiver from OCM, no engineering or STEM degree). First time applying, so I'm in the learning process right now. Got all my paperwork pretty much turned in. Working on my SF-86 (again). I'm trying to network right now and get some interviews set up. Do you mind sharing your stats? I'd be curious what I'll be going with/against? I looked back a few pages and didn't see yours.

Any advice on what keep abreast on?