• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
My status has not changed, nothing has been reviewed yet. I asked about submitting additional documents and the person that e-mailed me back said I shouldn't worry about adding enclosure numbers onto the few documents I want to send. I'm worried not doing so might effect me later. I can just imagine someone on the board wondering why some pages don't have it. I think I'm just going to send them with the enclosure numbers, they can do what they want from there.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
My status has not changed, nothing has been reviewed yet. I asked about submitting additional documents and the person that e-mailed me back said I shouldn't worry about adding enclosure numbers onto the few documents I want to send. I'm worried not doing so might effect me later. I can just imagine someone on the board wondering why some pages don't have it. I think I'm just going to send them with the enclosure numbers, they can do what they want from there.

I'm in the same boat. Nothing updated. Just that the package was received. I already sent an extra enclosure last week and haven't heard anything back. Not sure if it ended up getting added.

DLWN64

I'm waiting on one last thing before sending them everything I want to add via e-mail, that way I can send it in one shot instead of multiple e-mails.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
FYI--From the FY17 budget brief: As no surprise to anyone, quotas are still very low. Looks like 50 selectees once again. Speculating, but in all likelyhood ~35 are gonna be nukes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 14.12.50.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 14.12.50.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 27

exNavyOffRec

FYI--From the FY17 budget brief: As no surprise to anyone, quotas are still very low. Looks like 50 selectees once again. Speculating, but in all likelyhood ~35 are gonna be nukes.

When it is 50 year after year that no longer becomes "low" it becomes "normal"

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
And for those of you thinking that CORE slots allow you to pick your designator, you are sadly mistaken. CORE is another way for the Navy to make more Nukes. I'll be headed to DC this winter to receive my assignment as a Nuke. So instead of 35 selectees you may as well make that 38! LOL

It's the same story among the other 2 CORE guys selected with me last year. When we go through service assignment we are forced to apply for Nuke. Start accepting your fate now! Haha

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
During the days of legacy STA (before STA-21), it was 50 per year.
When I was stationed at Great Lakes I had the opportunity to talk with the NSTC staff who owns the ROTC program for the Navy. They made it very clear to me that this program costs the Navy entirely too much money, and that any designator that isn't Nuke should be very glad to receive a quota because the program is completely a Nuclear Officer recruiting platform.

The bottom line is the Navy is filling its prior enlisted needs with OCS. Sailors now have access to education more than ever before. I can tell you that the two months I was in Newport, I didn't see a single OCS class without at least 3 priors in it. STA-21 is an absolute blessing. Any quota is incredible. You truly don't know how good this program is until you're in it.

Who's ready for CPO results? Anyone make board?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was stationed at Great Lakes I had the opportunity to talk with the NSTC staff who owns the ROTC program for the Navy. They made it very clear to me that this program costs the Navy entirely too much money, and that any designator that isn't Nuke should be very glad to receive a quota because the program is completely a Nuclear Officer recruiting platform.

The bottom line is the Navy is filling its prior enlisted needs with OCS. Sailors now have access to education more than ever before. I can tell you that the two months I was in Newport, I didn't see a single OCS class without at least 3 priors in it. STA-21 is an absolute blessing. Any quota is incredible. You truly don't know how good this program is until you're in it.

Who's ready for CPO results? Anyone make board?
Yeah, it has definitely been a nuke officer recruiting tool for a while. Before STA-21, the ECP program also drew a lot of folks who were in some phase of enlisted nuke power school, but STA-21 now is more restrictive than ECP on what designators are assigned. My advice to Sailors who want an aviation slot is to apply for STA-21, but have a backup plan, because the aviation quotas for STA-21 are so few. When I got picked up during the legacy STA program in the 90s, selectees were able to pick any URL designator they qualified for. Times have changed.

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
Well not holding my breath, just going to finish my degree and apply to OCS next year if this doesn't work out. Either way they can't stop me :)

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
With all that being said I hope I get picked up for NFO and not CORE, cause I applied for both.
ANY commission is a good commission. Sometimes it's not what about what you WANT to do for your country....it's about what your country NEEDS you to do. It's good to put round blocks in round holes.

DLWN64

I'm in the same boat. Nothing updated. Just that the package was received. I already sent an extra enclosure last week and haven't heard anything back. Not sure if it ended up getting added.

I just sent my additional documents this morning. Did you ever hear back from them?

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
I just sent my additional documents this morning. Did you ever hear back from them?
You won't actually hear anything from the office. You can see if items were added to your package by checking NETFOCUS or by simply calling. Last year I faxed in an additional document and I called the office to ensure they had received it. In about a week it was in my NETFOCUS.

Good luck!

DLWN64

Thanks! I'll check with them in a few days then. Right now my status still shows that my package hasn't been reviewed yet. I'm sure they are extremely busy this time of year!