• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

gsalg

I have been trying to see how this all works. I applied for the July 18 board, but I don't graduate till December so id have to wait 5 months anyways. Would that help me at all in getting an earlier date right after I graduate or would I have to wait whatever the average wait is at that time?

Checking in, Pro Rec Y SNA, May 18th. Has any other May 18th Pro Rec Y's received their official letter yet? All I have is my OR who called me to congratulate me on the results.

Last edited:

Oso-ito

Checking in, Pro Rec Y SNA, May 18th. Has any other May 18th Pro Rec Y's received their official letter yet? All I have is my OR who called me to congratulate me on the results.

No, and from the looks of it (I'm still grasping the process, my OR gave me some advice) we're looking at something of a wait. Two months is a good bet from what I can tell, before FINSEL letter, with OCS maybe a few months after that. They don't call it purgatory for nothin. Look through this thread for an idea from the one before you.

joel794613

No, and from the looks of it (I'm still grasping the process, my OR gave me some advice) we're looking at something of a wait. Two months is a good bet from what I can tell, before FINSEL letter, with OCS maybe a few months after that. They don't call it purgatory for nothin. Look through this thread for an idea from the one before you.

It seems to be about 5-6 months to OCS from the date of being selected. I'm hoping we get an early Sept board, then maybe get out of OCS before Christmas.

It seems to be about 5-6 months to OCS from the date of being selected. I'm hoping we get an early Sept board, then maybe get out of OCS before Christmas.

Ok. That's fine by me. I'm excited to go, but having the purgatory time to study and prepare is a blessing. Even though with the military anything's possible. Thank you for the info.

If you have been selected for July you are going in July. I was told that because of class quotas are full for July, I am probably going in August- OCT. I'm hoping that some how I still get in for July. Crazier things have happened in the Military, and no one seems to have gotten their select letters for that time period yet.
@SWOMan I talked to a processor on Monday and was told the same thing. Aug-October with a possibility of getting orders 1-2 months out. Its only been 6 weeks and it seems like forever.

SWOMan

I'm gonna start a comedy blog on here about my experience working in retail until I ship. Not sure if I should start a new thread, or just post in here lol. So much funny shit has happened already. Too tired to write it now though. ...for all you crossfit people I finished my murph workout (no vest) 32 minutes 45 seconds