• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Rest and Recuperation Leave

pascol1

I am currently in Djibouti and the policy for R&R has changed. You can no longer get it if you are not here for 365 days. Are there any other places where R&R is authorized and what the policies are? Does anyone know the most up to date information?

Renegade One

None
It would seem that the most up-to-date information for Djibouti is that you can't get R&R if you are to be there less than 365 days.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am currently in Djibouti and the policy for R&R has changed. You can no longer get it if you are not here for 365 days. Are there any other places where R&R is authorized and what the policies are? Does anyone know the most up to date information?

Whose policy changed? As RobLyman already said the Army's policy is 270 BOG in 16 designated countries in CENTCOM and they are the "DoD Executive Agent for the United States (U.S.) Central Command (USCENTCOM) R&R Leave Program" as detailed in the latest Navy policy I can find (MILPERSMAN 1050-200). I also found this little blurb here, "to be [eligible], IA Sailor's orders need to state 270 boots-on-ground and 365 total TAD".

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm glad to see the military actually uses the term "boots on ground". If I ever say that, or "warfighter", please fucking kill me.

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
My recommendation is submit the R&R request anyway, worst they say is no. I was able to go on R&R while in Afghanistan without being the 270/365. I made the request, the Army unit I was with said yes because they were about to roll out, and I guess the navy assumed that the Army did all the fact checking so they approved it immediately. Made it home at midnight of Christmas Eve.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
submit it with Ref (a) as that Army policy and Ref (b) as MILPERSMAN 1050-200.