• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO and Supply Update

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Folks,

At this time, NRC will not be accepting any more SWO and AC Supply applications from the NRDs. If you're an active duty or SELRES applicant (meaning you don't have a recruiter), you can still submit for both programs. For everyone else, if your application has already been submitted, and/or at board, or been PROREC'd and awaiting an OCS date you are fine and will still continue to be reviewed/processed. This notice is for anyone working with a recruiter who has yet to submit an application for either SWO and Supply. Also, if you apply for another program, say Pilot and put SWO/SUPPLY as your second choice, it will automatically be removed. This will likely be in effect until mid/late September when the new fiscal year comes around. Thanks!

Kelsie

If you put Supply as 1st choice and SWO 2nd for this upcoming board will they still look at you for SWO?

USSMaximus

If you apply for something else first and put SWO second, why wouldn't they just keep it listed and hold it until the next board? Does that mean I have to apply for my first designator for this summer and then put a whole new kit in for a SWO board in September if the first designator doesn't work?

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Does that mean I have to apply for my first designator for this summer and then put a whole new kit in for a SWO board in September if the first designator doesn't work?
Yes. We don't have all the answers for why the Mother Ship does what it does...but they will remove ANY mention of SWO in a new kit. Period. Same for Supply.

exNavyOffRec

Yes. We don't have all the answers for why the Mother Ship does what it does...but they will remove ANY mention of SWO in a new kit. Period. Same for Supply.

Same thing happened several years ago, there were a few NRD's who's COC told the OR's to keep submitting them so that they would be "held" at NRC for the next board, NRC was not pleased, when they say do not submit, they mean do not submit.

ericw

If your an active duty member and put swo 1st and supply second...would that be affected?

If it's only AD for next supply/swo board, what does that mean for the selection rate? For example, only 20 AD applied and 4 were selected. Does that mean they would still only pick 4 or would it be closer to 20?

Thanks for the insight.

exNavyOffRec

If your an active duty member and put swo 1st and supply second...would that be affected?

If it's only AD for next supply/swo board, what does that mean for the selection rate? For example, only 20 AD applied and 4 were selected. Does that mean they would still only pick 4 or would it be closer to 20?

Thanks for the insight.

What happened last time was the AD applications were held at NRC, they were treated differently because of the work that goes into an AD application, hopefully for you it is the same as last time.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Thanks for the insight.

Did you even pay attention to the original message? Its cut and dry what I said for active duty applicants.

FormerRecruitingGuru

FOR NRD APPLICANTS ONLY:

1) All SWO applications submitted after 11MAR16 will be returned to the NRD processor without any review/processing by NRC processors or the PM. NOPO is no longer allowing application credit on this program until 01OCT16. This is subject to change if we receive higher quotas for SWO, but at this time we are sitting very good for the next several shipping classes.

2) All Supply applications submitted since 06APR16 will also be returned. This does not apply to any Supply applications that made it to the PM queue prior to the cut-off date. If any recruiters/processors have questions about whether their applicant made it for the May Supply board, have them look in CIRIMS to see what the status is prior to calling us. There is a chance that we will accept Supply applications before the 01OCT16 date because of the scheduled September Supply board, but at this time the guidance is to hold all Supply applications until 01OCT16.

jnav3

My recruiter told me about this on Monday. I was supposed to take the OAR yesterday but he recommended I push the test back a few more weeks to study more to ensure scoring competitively. Good to see this situation is confirmed on these forums, I thought I was getting the run-around for a minute there.

jwm90

Coffee > Sleep
Currently waiting for the May 23 Supply Board to give me a thumbs up or down for Pilot / Supply... Looks like I've got a few more months then.