• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army CAPT Suing POTUS

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/u...-lawsuit-obama.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Apparently suing over the fact that Congress has not approved the war against ISIS. Your political feelings aside, how is it even possible to sue someone in the CoC?

It isn't. This kind of things gets tried every once in a while...I recall a Guardsman tried suing G.H.W.B. over being called up for Desert Storm. But being able to sue anyone in your chain of command is a precedent no one wants to touch, for good reason.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm guessing this is a case of a guy (or gal, didn't read it) who has a boner for politics, and doesn't realize that we don't live in fantasy land on active duty. Fucking idiot. I'd say homeschooled mormon, but he isn't in the USAF so maybe not…….

edit: Seriously……he is getting tax free pay to live in a fucking air conditioned lounge and he could literally not show up to work and there would be no impact on the mission. If I got paid to do nothing and collect benefits, I probably wouldn't look the gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Except that it has. The conventional legal wisdom is that the fight against ISIS is covered under the original GWOT AUMF.

Not my claim, that was his legal grounds for suing. It seems that Congress' counsel agrees with the WH on this one (!), so this sounds like it won't get very far.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
My prediction is soon he'll be off active duty and part of an "occupy" movement somewhere...

I wonder what this clown's CO thinks about his antics?