• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS application checklist

SharkBait

Do any of the fleet applicants know what checklist to use when submitting an OCS package? I found one in the 1420.1b and another online from the CNRC website entitled "Fleet OCS checklist" with a much more recent date. The 1420.1b also has sample stamped on it leading me to believe that it might not be the right one to use. The fleet OCS checklist is much more in depth also.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Do any of the fleet applicants know what checklist to use when submitting an OCS package? I found one in the 1420.1b and another online from the CNRC website entitled "Fleet OCS checklist" with a much more recent date. The 1420.1b also has sample stamped on it leading me to believe that it might not be the right one to use. The fleet OCS checklist is much more in depth also.
The most current Fleet OCS Checklist can be found at: http://www.public.navy.mil/BUPERS-NPC/CAREER/CAREERCOUNSELING/Pages/CommissioningPrograms.aspx

(NAC)Arizona

1520/AMDO
There is a new Checklist dated 12/15 now. It no longer shows anthropometric measurements for SNA applications. I had mine done just because I know how important anthros are, but the corpsman said my TTR (Thumb-Tip-Reach) was too short at 28.62 inches and I am deemed 'no go' for SNA/SNFO on T-6s. He said my only option is to go to NAMI to get a better official measurement. After doing some digging in the 3710.37A and 9D, the chart shows the minimum TTR is <26 on T-6s. Throughout the forum I have seen minimums at 28.5" and 29.5". So as my concern is apparent my question is if it is not listed on the checklist should I not worry about it since I won't be submitting it with the kit? But, I know I will still have to be cleared through NAMI, so should I just go get measured by NAMI? All guidance is appreciated. Hope that everyone has a great day and thank you for your time.

SharkBait

Just went through OCS and I would get measured regardless beforehand if you are that close. With being so close to the minimum if that is it I would be ready to get NPQ'd while you are there. It happened to about 4-5 people for reach when I was there, also I was looking through your signature, are you planning on retaking your ASTB?

(NAC)Arizona

1520/AMDO
Just went through OCS and I would get measured regardless beforehand if you are that close. With being so close to the minimum if that is it I would be ready to get NPQ'd while you are there. It happened to about 4-5 people for reach when I was there, also I was looking through your signature, are you planning on retaking your ASTB?
I will definitely be retaking the ASTB in June in order to be competitive. I will most likely make the short drive to NAMI for another measurement. What blows my mind is that there are other Pilots and FOs that have the same reach if not shorter. Being an Aircrewman and to be NPQ'd from flying will just be devastating and I have no clue what else I would do.