• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

goldmanharry91

Having a nice endurance base will serve me well. I won't need to train too much to get back into good aerobic shape. Just needed the strength.

Outdoorsman

You all make me feel small. I'm 5 foot 9 inches, 155 pounds haha.

I'm 5 10 at 155. Lost like 30 pounds of fat during training for OCS. I was pretty pathetic, couldn't do 10 pushups, couldn't run half a mile, took me over a year but now I can max out curl ups, and hit excellent for running and am in between good and excellent for push-ups. I'm pretty skinny but I think I'm in good shape for OCS, leave in about a month. I dunno if I'm on the lighter side of the spectrum or not but if I get the scores I need I should be set I figure.

Too late to bulk up now at any rate. My ORs physical prep instructions were "don't get fat" so even though I train almost every day I didn't wanna go crazy with very heavy deadlifts and stuff so I don't blow it by hurting myself.

Last edited:

SWOMan

yeah i tapered down my deadlifts and squats.... or a while I didn't even do anything anymore. I finally decided to add them back in. I don't bench anymore at all. I think my athletic performance has gotten better by throwing in deads and squats again. It's a risk worth taking.... just don't overdue it. Idk about you guys, but i tend to take saturday's off on diet.... i keep it within reason though. I still get crazy water weight fluctuations. this week I cut down to like 234, pretty sure after this weekend i'll be looking at 240 again haha.

shoff

I'm 5 10 at 155. Lost like 30 pounds of fat during training for OCS. I was pretty pathetic, couldn't do 10 pushups, couldn't run half a mile, took me over a year but now I can max out curl ups, and hit excellent for running and am in between good and excellent for push-ups.

That's awesome, man, good for you. OCS (and it's resident DIs) are a great motivator. Excited to hear how it all turns out for you!

@SWOMan Had a similar experience adding the lower trunk lifts back in. I think just having the extra stability they give you is huge, and the extra performance totally makes up for the added weight. I also recently switched my lifting program from max strength to muscle endurance focus, after realizing that I could bench decently for 5-10 reps, but wasn't hitting my target for pushups. Even in two weeks I've noticed a difference.

SWOMan

I think there is benefits to being able to lift heavy though. I try to work in a heavy day from time to time... despite more endurance work. sometimes that raw power can be the difference in helping you get one or two more pushups.

TENNESSEE13

So this is probably irrational, but I am concerned about the condition my package was emailed in. The OCS coordinator of my ship scanned it onboard and the pages came out fairly dark. Everything is legible, but it takes some effort in some places. Could this cost me anything, and would it be a bad idea to mail in a nice copy from my printer at home to supplement the emailed copy?

exNavyOffRec

So this is probably irrational, but I am concerned about the condition my package was emailed in. The OCS coordinator of my ship scanned it onboard and the pages came out fairly dark. Everything is legible, but it takes some effort in some places. Could this cost me anything, and would it be a bad idea to mail in a nice copy from my printer at home to supplement the emailed copy?

not irrational at all, I had application kicked back by the NRC processors because some pages were unreadable, after you get an email saying it was rec'd I would follow up to ensure it is readable to them.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If it's legible

You can't Mail OCS packages to NRC. If the copy isn't legible enough the processor will let your CCC know.

VWXThrasher378

Yeah the lower selection rate was a disappointment for everyone. I believe the reason given was that the board was held near of FY 2015. Also, some have speculated that the recent rise of NPQ Pilot selectees being designated to SWO have filled prematurely filled the billets available. Might be a combination of these two factors.

Last edited: