• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Confusion regarding postgrad education

I'm currently applying to be an aviator in the USMC and I am confused with what post grad opportunities are available to me, and with what is outdated and what isn't

While I'm not trying to plan my whole life out, I am interested in TPS and from my understanding there is a co-op program with naval postgraduate school to do an engineering degree along with it. My main question is am I able to do this coop program, and 2-4 years later do another masters degree, say in space operations, at NPS or some related institute?

i) My first question is, from my understanding to apply to naval postgraduate school I have to apply via SEP. However, in the programs listed here , the systems engineering degree in the Coop program isn't listed. So does this mean Marine officers can't do that coop program?

ii) According to that same link, I can only 1 masters degree via SEP while active. So say I choose to do aeronautical engineering at Naval Post Grad school, can I do another masters degree while active or do I have to wait until I am done. Or does that SEP program apply only to NPS and AFIT?

iii) What kind of tuition funding does the USMC provide to me after I leave the USMC?

iv)Is it actually true that if I do SEP, I have to do 3 more years of active duty?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
@Nathaniel Ventura

Your opening sentences nailed the issue. What is and isn't outdated today is irrelevant because by the time you positioned to take advantage of these programs all of today's information will be outdated.

The level of detail in your planning is way too detailed to bank on in the 5+ years it will take you to reach the point where you can get the USMC to pay for grad school.

Although the answer to question iii is 0. The USMC will give you $0 for grad school after you leave. I am confident that will hold true for the next 10 years.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm currently applying to be an aviator in the USMC and I am confused with what post grad opportunities are available to me, and with what is outdated and what isn't

While I'm not trying to plan my whole life out, I am interested in TPS and from my understanding there is a co-op program with naval postgraduate school to do an engineering degree along with it. My main question is am I able to do this coop program, and 2-4 years later do another masters degree, say in space operations, at NPS or some related institute?

i) My first question is, from my understanding to apply to naval postgraduate school I have to apply via SEP. However, in the programs listed here , the systems engineering degree in the Coop program isn't listed. So does this mean Marine officers can't do that coop program?

ii) According to that same link, I can only 1 masters degree via SEP while active. So say I choose to do aeronautical engineering at Naval Post Grad school, can I do another masters degree while active or do I have to wait until I am done. Or does that SEP program apply only to NPS and AFIT?

iii) What kind of tuition funding does the USMC provide to me after I leave the USMC?

iv)Is it actually true that if I do SEP, I have to do 3 more years of active duty?

What did your recruiter say when you asked these questions?