• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Multiple Branches at once

Jdev09

I have done a little bit of research and I keep getting mixed answers.

I am trying to become an officer in the Navy and I want to be a pilot.

I have already received a Pro Rec N on my first application, and I am preparing my second one for when the six month wait is over.

I really want to join the Navy, but I am open to other branches as well. I have been recommended by some peers that have been in the military to also apply to the Air Force.

How do I apply to Air Force and Navy at the same time?
Is it possible?
What are the restrictions of negative to do something like this?

Any info helps. Thank you!

exNavyOffRec

I have already received a Pro Rec N on my first application, and I am preparing my second one for when the six month wait is over.

I really want to join the Navy, but I am open to other branches as well. I have been recommended by some peers that have been in the military to also apply to the Air Force.

Is it possible?

If you rec'd a N for SNA I am guessing low ASTB? if so retake, then you can re-apply and not have to wait 6 months.

Jdev09

for the ASTB-E I received a 6/6/6 61
I also had a 3.44 GPA in college and I am 23 currently

As for the ASTB... Is that considered a low score? My recruiter didn't recommend retaking it but to get a few better letter of recommendations; preferably from military personnel which I am currently working on.

exNavyOffRec

for the ASTB-E I received a 6/6/6 61
I also had a 3.44 GPA in college and I am 23 currently

As for the ASTB... Is that considered a low score? My recruiter didn't recommend retaking it but to get a few better letter of recommendations; preferably from military personnel which I am currently working on.

well, it is one point above the minimum.

If you rec'd a no it was for a reason, when it comes to SNA in most cases the reason is low ASTB unless you have something that required a waiver and that could be it as well, but the ASTB is the driving factor for SNA and SNFO selection, there have been many here that rec'd a N, did an ASTB retake and then were selected when they had a higher score. I would say if you have no waiver issues to study, retake, then reapply.

LOR's from anyone that hasn't seen you perform over a specific period of time are not going to be worth much at all.

VWXThrasher378

Is it possible?

Hey man,

I applied to Army OCS and Navy OCS. It is definitely possible. Some people gotten negative feedback from other recruiters form different branches, so I get the sense it depends on the recruiters temperament, personality, etc.

Renegade One

None
I'd also opine concerning the "multi-applications" plan with a caveat that if one you really don't want accepts you, and you turn it down betting that what you really want will pan out, you may have some explaining to do. Turning down a commissioning path opportunity when it's offered USED to raise questions. Maybe not any more...

Sonog

pilot
I did Navy and Marines at the same time. First Marine OSO I had got butthurt when I mentioned Navy, and the second was cool with it. I ended going Navy because that was the first one I got accepted to. Don't go out of your way to mention it, but it'll come up eventually with MEPS and security clearance screening so don't bring your integrity into question by lying to them. Just when it comes up tell the respective recruiter that you are fully committed to X branch and you're applying to Y branch in case it doesn't work out given today's competitive environment for all branches.