• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All things MV-22 Osprey

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
When the jets can't last and the helos can't reach, sometimes you've just gotta help yourself.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
That makes a lot less sense than the turret, and that's saying something

The turret wasn't practical as a stand-alone. IDWS and rockets is actually pretty damn useful, but we have to have enough dedicated assets and training time to make it a viable platform. That's not going to happen when the V-22 is already the most high-demand USMC aviation asset.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure that mount is for APKWS. A stock Osprey cannot self-designate. I presume that if we decided to go down this road we'd slap a designator on.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Pretty sure this is from an AFSOC demand signal coming out after the exciting day in Bor.

busdriver

None
From what I heard, the testing was all APKWS and the intent would be self designation. The turret sounds like an abortion of CRM/SA Blackhole with a gun/ and shoot your wingman down all rolled into one.