• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Boards and scores

exNavyOffRec

I submitted a LOT that was over a year old with no issue. I'm wondering if it just wasn't dated or I got lucky.

everything dated is supposed to be under 6 months, if not supposed to be sent back, doesn't always happen but I wouldn't want to be they guy who's application was sent back, I know of OR's that have changed dates to get them under 6 months, I would just get the document re-signed.

Dzien

everything dated is supposed to be under 6 months, if not supposed to be sent back, doesn't always happen but I wouldn't want to be they guy who's application was sent back, I know of OR's that have changed dates to get them under 6 months, I would just get the document re-signed.
I will be extra-diligent over the holiday season in making sure a post holiday stand-down submission is on point. I am aware I only have a few windows of opportunity remaining to get this off the ground.

Hello All!

So, I am in the final stages of getting my package together and I am terrified because I finally graduated last week and this is what my whole Navy career has been building up to. I am not expecting to get picked up my first time. (I have mitigating factors in case I don't). But I am reaching out in this forum to try and gather some motivation, info, and help. I want to see what people think of my package so far, quite possibly by someone who has already been selected for SUPPO.

I am Active Duty 8 years, E-5 In recruiting. I got my degree while stationed at special/arduous duty stations (I don't know if the board will even take that in to consideration.)

OAR 42 ( I know its low and plan to retake it if I don't get selected. I also know people who have gotten selected with less, that is why I am )

LOR: O6, O4, O4, Congressman (Personal Friend), and Letter for community Service.

Interviews O6, O5, O5, O4 (All outstanding)

Awards, NAM x3, SOQ and some Recruiting accolades.

Degree: Business Admin; Technology Management

GPA 3.45

EVALS: MP, EP, P

Leadership: Rugby Coach, Work Center Supervisor, CICWO and CIC Watch Supervisor.

Any words of wisdom, motivation or anything will be much appreciated.

Also, if someone wants to help/read my motivational statement, I am open for criticism, just PM me and we can coordinate it.

Cheers!

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Hello All!

So, I am in the final stages of getting my package together and I am terrified because I finally graduated last week and this is what my whole Navy career has been building up to. I am not expecting to get picked up my first time. (I have mitigating factors in case I don't). But I am reaching out in this forum to try and gather some motivation, info, and help. I want to see what people think of my package so far, quite possibly by someone who has already been selected for SUPPO.

I am Active Duty 8 years, E-5 In recruiting. I got my degree while stationed at special/arduous duty stations (I don't know if the board will even take that in to consideration.)

OAR 42 ( I know its low and plan to retake it if I don't get selected. I also know people who have gotten selected with less, that is why I am )

LOR: O6, O4, O4, Congressman (Personal Friend), and Letter for community Service.

GPA 3.45

Leadership: Rugby Coach, Work Center Supervisor, CICWO and CIC Watch Supervisor.

Also, if someone wants to help/read my motivational statement, I am open for criticism, just PM me and we can coordinate it.

Cheers!

I think RUFIO or Aircrewman28 said recently they just raised the minimum OAR score for Supply, or maybe it was IDC, but RUFIO or Aircrewman28 can clarify.

Edit: it was IDC and SWO that raised the OAR

Affirm, they didn't raise the score for supply. I duplicated posts due to having the questions for two types of forums. Active duty AND supply in hopes of finding more information.

Stephen Hall

hallsc7
Your package looks competitive and I wish you the best of luck. I don't know what the board numbers are this year but it is always very competitive.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello All!

GPA 3.45

Cheers!

If you don't get PROREC'd this next board it will be because of that OAR score. If you can get your score to around a 50+ I think you'll be in a good position to be competitive.

If you don't get PROREC'd this next board it will be because of that OAR score. If you can get your score to around a 50+ I think you'll be in a good position to be competitive.

Thank you,
I knew a few people who got selected with the equivalent or lower. But that is what my thoughts were about the OAR as well. I figured I would submit just to get my package up there. My mitigating factor to not getting selected was to get my OAR up and ad a new Eval since it will be around the March timeline.

I do have a question for you Rufio. Do you think its a bit pretentious or bad form to submit a LOR from a congressman, even if i grew up knowing him?

haimehhh

@Wolery David O the folks with access to the true numbers can tell you better, but, while at OCS (within the past two weeks), I redesignated into supply from SNA due to abnormal color vision. 3.4 in BS business administration, 62 OAR, commercial real estate, non prior.

Hell ya use the LOR, especially since they've known you for so long. From my laymen's perspective, you look well-competitive. That being said, the gouge given to me about the community was how backed up they are going into Supply School. Don't know if that was just to make sure I didn't get my hopes up, but I was told I only got the slot due to the fact that a DOR in my company was also Supply, so I fit into his billet slot. Also keep in mind this was two weeks after the most recent Supply board, I believe. Regardless definitely put in, and if you don't get picked up then just retake the OAR and I think you'll be good.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thank you,
I knew a few people who got selected with the equivalent or lower. But that is what my thoughts were about the OAR as well. I figured I would submit just to get my package up there. My mitigating factor to not getting selected was to get my OAR up and ad a new Eval since it will be around the March timeline.

I do have a question for you Rufio. Do you think its a bit pretentious or bad form to submit a LOR from a congressman, even if i grew up knowing him?

No, do include the LOR from the congressman.

@Wolery David O the folks with access to the true numbers can tell you better, but, while at OCS (within the past two weeks), I redesignated into supply from SNA due to abnormal color vision. 3.4 in BS business administration, 62 OAR, commercial real estate, non prior.

Hell ya use the LOR, especially since they've known you for so long. From my laymen's perspective, you look well-competitive. That being said, the gouge given to me about the community was how backed up they are going into Supply School. Don't know if that was just to make sure I didn't get my hopes up, but I was told I only got the slot due to the fact that a DOR in my company was also Supply, so I fit into his billet slot. Also keep in mind this was two weeks after the most recent Supply board, I believe. Regardless definitely put in, and if you don't get picked up then just retake the OAR and I think you'll be good.

That is great to hear about keeping a billet! Cant believe someone would DOR. Thank you for the motivation and info! I Will use it!

Bosshoag

I love shooting guns and look forward to the opportunity. My pops is a retired pilot and received a trophy for pistol shooting in the Navy in his time. I've never been a competitive shooter, but I'm coming in with a whole lot more weapons experience than I reckon most of my class mates will.

Bosshoag

I haven't taken the time to read this whole thread, but it looks as though many considering are wondering what others who have received a final select letter submitted their application with. So here's what I did..
BS in Accounting and Finance (double Major)
Graduated from FSU in 2010
Submitted application for supply officer in November 2015.
GPA 2.99
OAR 56
4 years of accounting experience probably aided in my low GPA situation...
2 excellent Letters of recommendation, one from a family friend retired LtCdr, another from a current Supply Officer here at NAS Pensacola, Commander.
Eagle Scout
I'm told that I'm old and if I don't graduate OCS by my birthday in June, I'll be 29 which is too old to be a supply officer. So starting OCS in March will have me graduate with a whole month to spare if I don't roll.

exNavyOffRec

I love shooting guns and look forward to the opportunity. My pops is a retired pilot and received a trophy for pistol shooting in the Navy in his time. I've never been a competitive shooter, but I'm coming in with a whole lot more weapons experience than I reckon most of my class mates will.

I remember the familiarization shooting in boot camp, the ones that caused the most headaches were the ones that had been shooting before, they thought they know what they were supposed to do, when really what they were supposed to do was follow the instructors instructions verbatim.