• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

I looked up the "Blue Label" prices for Sig stuff online (from Sig) and while the prices were decent, I found that being patient on Gunbroker from a dealer got me a 90% solution "now" rather than 19 months. I'm glad you posted your earlier frustrations, otherwise I probably wouldn't have my sexy MK25 sitting in my safe.

Now to figure out if I should leave it stock or go with a SRT...
SRT is worth it IMO. Being able to click off rounds quickly while keeping a tight pattern or "tighter" pattern is very nice.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
In9Nhbvl.jpg

Saker 556. Better then I could have hoped.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I love mine. Silencer Co does great work for sure. I'm going to end up with a Saker 762 eventually. I need to shoot my 6.8 SPC AR more anyway.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
It was pretty clean, all I did was use a heat gun to pull out the last little bit of cosmoline, a mineral spirit wipe down and some Boiled linseed oil. And yes, I'm already planning my next one with all matching numbers and cartouches. lol. Might not happen until the fall, but its in the back of my head. I need to stock up on M2 ball before I go buying another mouth to feed.
My Service Grade M1 came from CMP in a similar fashion. Great deal for $550. AIM surplus is a great source for M2 Ball. Cases shot only from my Garand are easily reloaded with neck sizing only. A wonderful rifle to date.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Three lug adapter?

Correct. Some POI shift depending on the lug, but found a spot that's not much different from unsuppressed zero. The mount system for the optic is just a dinosaur of an idea. Definitely get spoiled with pic rails of modern day.

Is that an MP5 or a look alike?

It's a MP5 clone from Atlantic Firearms. It started life as a pistol and then I SBR'ed it some time ago (I think there's a pic in this thread). Finally got the B&T mount installed and the can was approved, so did some plinking today.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Left-handed Tavor with Aimpoint PRO. Easily the worst trigger pull I've ever experienced on any weapon, anywhere. Conversely, the best balanced and most compact rifle I've handled. I'll take that trade, although I am considering my options for addressing the trigger issue - I'd rather not drop more $$ on a drop-in replacement trigger pack. The interweb is full of advice about taking out a more-or-less redundant spring in the trigger group that will reduce the pull to ~8lbs. Anyone on here have actual experience with that?
Tavor1.jpg

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Recommend a new trigger pack. Even if it's a couple of hundred, it will be worth it. I wouldn't mess with a trigger or anything in the fire-control group unless you really know what you're doing. A drop in from a reputable manufacturer such as Timney will do you right though. From what I read, it would be a massive improvement. Just the fact that you're talking about reducing the pull to 8 lbs made my eyebrows go up a little.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
Any thoughts on the new Sig P229 Legion series? I was in the market for a P229 regardless, and the legion series seems to have the sight upgrade and guns itching stuff done that I would have done down the road anyway.

Picture of my rifle, sans EOTech, to get the thread back to NFA items.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's a nice blaster! What is the hand guard and can combo?

Looks like a Knight's URX 3.1 (7"?). I have a 10.75" on a 12.5" gun and it's nice and light. Sometimes it's tough to get a hand stop in the right place, if that's your thing. The new MK11K (and SR-25ECR) have the same type of rail in the 7.62 variety.

Behold...picture thread:
photo 3.JPG

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's a nice little shooter. I run it as my primary in the local 2-gun match most of the time...though not always with the brake "exposed." Hence the grime on it. Apparently I don't have a picture of it with the can on it. I'll add that to the list.