• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Yep, I was also told 18-JAN. I'm in as well. Been pushing paperwork since mid-May this year. My recruiter sent it up and it got sent back for corrections. Thankfully I had time to fix a small error and get it back to him.

Northshore

Yep, I was also told 18-JAN. I'm in as well. Been pushing paperwork since mid-May this year. My recruiter sent it up and it got sent back for corrections. Thankfully I had time to fix a small error and get it back to him.

Thank your Yeoman and NC1s as well. They do allot of that grunt work as well! Good luck!

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Thank your Yeoman and NC1s as well. They do allot of that grunt work as well! Good luck!
Yep, yep. My recruiter is the NC1. Without him leaning forward to start my kit while the officer recruiter was out for two weeks, I might not have even started the process!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Good luck to you both. By the voting, I gather you both applied for multiple designators. Which designator was your first choice? (I only applied for intel.)

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Any officer recruiters have a sense of the number of applicants? Wondering if the applicant pool surged or not when they rescheduled the Sep board for Jan...

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Any officer recruiters have a sense of the number of applicants? Wondering if the applicant pool surged or not when they rescheduled the Sep board for Jan...
I'd imagine that a number of folks (myself included) were banking on the SEP board, only to be crushed that 'the-powers-that-be' decided once a year was plenty.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I'd imagine that a number of folks (myself included) were banking on the SEP board, only to be crushed that 'the-powers-that-be' decided once a year was plenty.
Yep. "Needs of the Navy" - I am good with it. This won't be the last time. I understand the budget/billet cuts. Exercising patience :)

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
I'm curious to know if the national boards factor in the needs for the local reserve unit that you would be drilling at/with.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I'm curious to know if the national boards factor in the needs for the local reserve unit that you would be drilling at/with.
Yes, they do, in the sense that the unit OIC has to write a confidence level (and summary) for candidates in his/her region, basically indicating "I have a billet waiting for this person if selected." Thus, there are only so many "100% confidence" ratings to go around. The board in Millington would not select 50 applicants from NRD Richmond and zero from the other regions.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Yes, they do, in the sense that the unit OIC has to write a confidence level (and summary) for candidates in his/her region, basically indicating "I have a billet waiting for this person if selected." Thus, there are only so many "100% confidence" ratings to go around. The board in Millington would not select 50 applicants from NRD Richmond and zero from the other regions.

Thanks for the reply @Hair Warriors?
I wonder if there's any way to find out the number of applications per region as well as 'open billets'. Im assuming it really doesn't work that way since open billets are handled/managed at the national level.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Thanks for the reply @Hair Warriors?
I wonder if there's any way to find out the number of applications per region as well as 'open billets'. Im assuming it really doesn't work that way since open billets are handled/managed at the national level.
As far as I know, the billets are not guaranteed for each NRD region. It's based on the caliber of applicants from the regions.