• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Add Wings to your profile: Pinning on new wings

klamsy

Monday monkey lives for the weekend, sir.
pilot
Contributor
Request aviator wings. Winged out of South Field back in February.

Biggity

Not trying to horn in on the O-Thunder around here, and with nothing but the utmost respect, but do Enlisted Combat Aircrew have/rate a wings icon on the site? Not your pilot ones, mind you (I'm not [quite] naïve enough to make that mistake). Pinned the Wings of Gold at NAS Pensecola in December 2010, and then Combat Wings with 3 Silver stars November/December 2012 (if memory serves me).

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Unfortunately they do not. Only rated pilots/flight officers from each of the services will have an icon.

Biggity

Unfortunately they do not. Only rated pilots/flight officers from each of the services will have an icon.
Ah well, it was worth a shot! The worst they can say is "no", right? Don't worry. Give me a couple years and I'll be back for requesting military flight wings on the site once I pin them on my chest!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not trying to horn in on the O-Thunder around here, and with nothing but the utmost respect, but do Enlisted Combat Aircrew have/rate a wings icon on the site? Not your pilot ones, mind you (I'm not [quite] naïve enough to make that mistake). Pinned the Wings of Gold at NAS Pensecola in December 2010, and then Combat Wings with 3 Silver stars November/December 2012 (if memory serves me).
This comes up every once in a while. Mostly I don't do it because it would be difficult to maintain since it all has to be done manually by one of the admins for each person. Second aspect is as wlawr mentioned, the desire to keep the warfare devices beneath people's usernames to the officer qualifications since that is what this site is about. Path to wings of gold and all that. Plus with the plethora of devices out there it would just crazy trying to maintain and keep track of them. Heck I am prior enlisted and I don't have my silver dolphins or navy scuba dive pin up. If someone wants to know about your bio. Well then fill in the profile with your info. It was a good question. Hope that answers it. Merry xmas and all that jazz!

John