• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
Just finished with OSO, gonna do a starting PFT in a couple weeks since I've got several months to slash my running time till next review board for pilot. It seems like it's gonna be an intense couple of weeks for me, and hopefully my baseline is decent enough. Those that are age critical and want a backup plan in case you aren't selected, get a flight physical done asap once you know for sure you weren't selected, then apply for the boards that are meeting in March. It's important you don't agree with anything related to flight physical or such, otherwise it puts a red flag with processing and could slash you out for these coming boards. Everyone from the front desk SSgt to the Captain met with me and totally understood my situation. They will get me squared away if these boards say "nope so sorry". So I'm feeling really good that I've got a backup with the potential to get an aviation slot. Till then, COME ON SNA/NFO BOARDS!

ehoney

Not in Kansas anymore
Looks like I missed the deadline for September's board by a couple of weeks so I'm checking in here. Anyone hear of the next selection date?

SNA applicant
ASTB-E: 64 8/8/8
B.S. Aeronautics, graduate of part a 141 flight school
GPA: 3.2
Work experience: Dispatcher, 3 years
Flight Experience: 220 Hours TT, commercial certificate, instrument and multi-engine ratings held
MEPS cleared

RoamingBiologist

Looks like I missed the deadline for September's board by a couple of weeks so I'm checking in here. Anyone hear of the next selection date?

SNA applicant
ASTB-E: 64 8/8/8
B.S. Aeronautics, graduate of part a 141 flight school
GPA: 3.2
Work experience: Dispatcher, 3 years
Flight Experience: 220 Hours TT, commercial certificate, instrument and multi-engine ratings held
MEPS cleared

Those scores are looking sharp! Best of luck dude!

RoamingBiologist

Got in touch with recruiter, he says my packet is with the processing manager and that they are "tracking my timeline". I looked around for info and maybe I'm inept but only thing I found was regarding my timeline for potential career as an officer etc. If anyone knows please feel free to inform me. Also I was under the impression my recruiter already submitted my packet, but now I'm told it's with the processing manager. Any recruiter that can shed some light would be much appreciated.

DynamicHFM

Got an update this morning that my package will make it to the upcoming board. Hopefully the selection rate is similar to the last board.
Do you remember, off the top of your head, what selection numbers were like for the last board? I've not been checking Navy OCS stuff very often.

FireFor3ffect

Do you remember, off the top of your head, what selection numbers were like for the last board? I've not been checking Navy OCS stuff very often.

I think I saw someone say it was something like 97% but I seriously doubt it was really that high. The pickup rate from last board is probably a bit higher than normal considering that most, if not all, of the applications were from active duty due to the freeze on non-prior pilot applications because quotas had already been met. Looking back to previous boards with everything else in consideration I'd make a very sloppy guess that 50-60% will get picked up this time around. My guesstimate hinges on NRC being deluged with apps from May 2015 grads, people that missed the October board and those that would have normally applied anyway.

FireFor3ffect

Got in touch with recruiter, he says my packet is with the processing manager and that they are "tracking my timeline". I looked around for info and maybe I'm inept but only thing I found was regarding my timeline for potential career as an officer etc. If anyone knows please feel free to inform me. Also I was under the impression my recruiter already submitted my packet, but now I'm told it's with the processing manager. Any recruiter that can shed some light would be much appreciated.

I wonder if "tracking your timeline" means that they are looking at you being supremely age-critical. Could just mean that they are guessing at when the board will be and then seeing if there are slots in the next convening OCS classes before you age out. It's probably a good sign that they didn't just rule you out immediately and are actively looking ahead for you.

RoamingBiologist

I think I saw someone say it was something like 97% but I seriously doubt it was really that high. The pickup rate from last board is probably a bit higher than normal considering that most, if not all, of the applications were from active duty due to the freeze on non-prior pilot applications because quotas had already been met. Looking back to previous boards with everything else in consideration I'd make a very sloppy guess that 50-60% will get picked up this time around. My guesstimate hinges on NRC being deluged with apps from May 2015 grads, people that missed the October board and those that would have normally applied anyway.

I'm playing it safe with a similar estimate as well, if I'm not selected at least the Marine Corps is a second chance at my dream, here is to hoping my paperwork is actually done and that we all get what we are going for.

RoamingBiologist

I wonder if "tracking your timeline" means that they are looking at you being supremely age-critical. Could just mean that they are guessing at when the board will be and then seeing if there are slots in the next convening OCS classes before you age out. It's probably a good sign that they didn't just rule you out immediately and are actively looking ahead for you.

Well at least they are trying to cram my ass into a class if that is the case. I'm am genuinely excited whether it be Navy or Marine OCS. Patience is great, but hot damn I wanna serve and I wanna fly. Hope it's not just sunshine and rainbows being shot up my ass as I wait for the next boards.

FireFor3ffect

Well at least they are trying to cram my ass into a class if that is the case. I'm am genuinely excited whether it be Navy or Marine OCS. Patience is great, but hot damn I wanna serve and I wanna fly. Hope it's not just sunshine and rainbows being shot up my ass as I wait for the next boards.

I know the feeling. I'm itching for the next board as I've got a few things on my life on hold til I get the results. I've also contacted the Marines as my fallback and I've got a NAMI date in November so I won't make this OCC but I will make the one in March.

I was in Key West a few weeks back with the wife and Naval Air Station Key West has the words "Fly Navy" painted on the side of one of their buildings. Drove by it 2x a day for a week and couldn't help myself from thinking "I'm trying you bastards!"

RoamingBiologist

I know the feeling. I'm itching for the next board as I've got a few things on my life on hold til I get the results. I've also contacted the Marines as my fallback and I've got a NAMI date in November so I won't make this OCC but I will make the one in March.

I was in Key West a few weeks back with the wife and Naval Air Station Key West has the words "Fly Navy" painted on the side of one of their buildings. Drove by it 2x a day for a week and couldn't help myself from thinking "I'm trying you bastards!"
Sweet my physical would be in January if I go Marines, and I'd be applying for March as well. We'll if Navy doesn't take us here's to hoping the Marines will lol.

mb1685

I'm pretty sure that was for the June board. No numbers have been posted here for the September board.