• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SECNAV to Implement Sweeping Changes

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I saw that on Facebook. It's funny to see all the non aviators get uppity about it...

The few times we sent some guys to Tailhook they always wore cowboy boots, being from the Oklahoma Navy and all.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw that on Facebook. It's funny to see all the non aviators get uppity about it...

The few times we sent some guys to Tailhook they always wore cowboy boots, being from the Oklahoma Navy and all.
Last time I went to Hook, the Death Rattlers had their FNG check into the Legacy wearing the plush snake mascot costume they have. Watching this man-size stuffed animal-esque snake waiting in line, filling out paperwork, etc. looked like something out of a Comedy Central episode.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Last time I went to Hook, the Death Rattlers had their FNG check into the Legacy wearing the plush snake mascot costume they have. Watching this man-size stuffed animal-esque snake waiting in line, filling out paperwork, etc. looked like something out of a Comedy Central episode.

Kind of a shame they never incorporated Tailhook into a Reno 911! episode.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
We now have a target of 25% females for submarine officers. What happens if (probably when) the Navy falls short of goal remains to be seen.

Less men getting drafted into the nuclear power pipeline against their will, hopefully.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

The suit got stolen a few years back (and I'm sure many times before and since) at hook. On the NALO back to oceana I texted a bud of mine who was at the time in the snakes with a pic of the thing. He was not amused. The best snakes story was their bus……has a big ass real sidewinder on the roof. Story was that they pulled up to a stoplight/intersection near el centro, and another completely random civilian vehicle pulls up next to them with a sparrow on its roof. I giggled a little when I hear that one.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
The suit got stolen a few years back (and I'm sure many times before and since) at hook. On the NALO back to oceana I texted a bud of mine who was at the time in the snakes with a pic of the thing. He was not amused. The best snakes story was their bus……has a big ass real sidewinder on the roof. Story was that they pulled up to a stoplight/intersection near el centro, and another completely random civilian vehicle pulls up next to them with a sparrow on its roof. I giggled a little when I hear that one.

Then you'd need someone with an Amra'am on their car....but there aren't too many folks with obscure central asian mountain goats painted on the roof their car.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This seems to be a push by SECNAV with little enthusiasm or interest from pretty much anyone else.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
From the comments: This is prepping the battle space for transgender troops. The wants or needs of female servicemembers don't matter when it comes to this political agenda.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So we're going to show respect to our female compatriots by making them and only them shell out $700 out of pocket? Not sure I'm getting the logic here. Read the article and went on a Starbucks run, and the thought occurred to me as I was halfway there . . . in what human society has this EVER been an issue, to include every part of American society not under the dominion of the Secretary of the Navy? Men and women dress differently, and this has never been seen as an attempt to "segregate" anyone. I certainly don't see protest marches queuing up outside [insert clothing store here] because they had the unmitigated gall to sell men's AND women's clothing.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Might it be as simple as consolidating the supply line and cutting costs (for the DoD)?
No, because it's a different uniform item anyway. The uniforms are similar to the male ones, just cut for females. So they're still going to be different non-interchangeable items in the supply system. The only things which look to be becoming truly unisex are the covers.