• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2016 STA-21 Applicants

ccfite

All this talk about calc and I'm over here like, "do I REALLY want to go to school?!" Hahaha kidding...hoping for results today!!

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
It's Friday!!!!! Tomorrow is college football!

Red River Rivalry: BOOMER SOONER!

Three more weeks and this month will be over. Good luck everyone!

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
I'm watching message traffic. If it's released today and I catch it first I'll post to AW.

Yeah today is brutal. One week at a time....There are 5 Fridays in October. WOW.

ccfite

Yeah. It feels like two months crammed into one. Maybe they want to get it done before the long weekend so it'll post today...matter of fact, go click refresh, it's probably posted. Lol

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
HAHA Don't have to do that with message traffic. It'll get shotgunned when it's released and I'll see it drop into the mailbox. I'll see it live! Then it'll post to NPC. That's the beauty of message traffic!

ccfite

Does anyone have any knowledge on statistics of Sailors getting picked up for Core (SO or EOD)? I'm an HM with lots of NSW experience but am looking to make this enormous transition. First and foremost, I want the commission. I know it's risky but it will be worth it. Anyway, anyone have knowledge on that?

Los_23

Does anyone have any knowledge on statistics of Sailors getting picked up for Core (SO or EOD)? I'm an HM with lots of NSW experience but am looking to make this enormous transition. First and foremost, I want the commission. I know it's risky but it will be worth it. Anyway, anyone have knowledge on that?
Dont quote me, but im pretty sure if your asking about sta21 you have to have a SO or an EOD nec. But again dont quote me. Where did you work? If i dont get picked up soon, im thinking about trying to do NSW support with UAVs.

ccfite

Dont quote me, but im pretty sure if your asking about sta21 you have to have a SO or an EOD nec. But again dont quote me. Where did you work? If i dont get picked up soon, im thinking about trying to do NSW support with UAVs.
From my understanding, you can strike for those communities with the Core option.

I work at NSWDG in Va Beach.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
He's not applying for SPECWAR officer which requires those specific rates.

Obviously you would have to go to BUDS and become a SEAL. I'm not sure how it would would after graduation as a CORE applicant however. I'm sure it wouldn't be easy.

Worse case scenario you're a SWO....hooyah surface fleet!

ccfite

He's not applying for SPECWAR officer which requires those specific rates.

Obviously you would have to go to BUDS and become a SEAL. I'm not sure how it would would after graduation as a CORE applicant however. I'm sure it wouldn't be easy.

Worse case scenario you're a SWO....hooyah surface fleet!
Right...I'm very familiar with the process and what it's going to take...just looking for anyone who may know someone who tried to strike for SEAL through the Core option. I am still considering EOD as well so if anyone has knowledge about someone striking for either, that'd be great. If not, no worries.