• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

rob00000

To be totally honest with you... Nice, snarky e-dart. But to address what's in bold above, when PERS themselves tells me something that I have yet to see in writing anywhere, it's difficult not to believe it. I've come to find that what I was told was incorrect and that probably won't be the last time someone at PERS passes some bad gouge....I'll adjust. Thanks to those who chimed in...

Congrats on the retirement, rob

I meant you no disrespect Sam, sorry about the way I worded it. I shouldn't have said it that way. Please accept my apologies.

I understand what you mean about getting wrong info from people. It happens all the time in the Navy. ALL the freaking time!

We ALL make mistakes Sam. To be honest with you this really WASN'T your mistake. You are supposed to be able to trust whatever the IRR Counselors tell you. After all, according to Chief Rincon, they are our NOSC. If anyone made a mistake it was the IRR Counselor who gave you the wrong information that day, NOT you.

Unfortunately, you pay the price for that wrong info. It's totally unfair & I really hope you still got a good year.

Sam, look at this way, be GLAD this conversation did occur. If it hadn't, you'd still be doing it the wrong way as far as mailing in your certs go. It's a good thing we covered it! Who knows how long you would've kept doing it that way? I'm glad we talked about it & I'm sure you are too!

Thanks for the congrats on my retirement. You'll get there. Hopefully, the information we all share here has & will continue to help you achieve that goal. Rob

Last edited:

rob00000

rob, thanks. Getting the ASOSH each year is probably a good idea. Do you think the ASOSH is better to have than a fax of the Statement of Service for Navy Retirement? Both look similar, but the ASOSH has a little more information on it. Who at PERS do you contact to get it mailed to you, the help desk?

If the ASOSH has more info on it then why get the other? I just call the PERS help desk & request them to mail me a copy. They have never given me a problem about it.

One more thing, I think you asked about the DAU courses the other day. Unfortunately, we cannot access them anymore without a CAC card. A few months back I went on a mission to find out why we now needed a CAC card. I made several calls to those people being passed around like a cheap whore as I kept getting transferred from one person to the next. I was told there was a security breach. It may have been at the Pentagon, I don't recall now. At any rate, after that happened they changed the system to CAC only. I was told it could be years before it's ever changed back to the way it was, if ever.

Duncan Idaho

I like cheese.
None
The DAU classes are available without a CAC if you login as a Contractor. It requires getting email approval for each class from your supervisor. That's how I get most of my points.

rob00000

The DAU classes are available without a CAC if you login as a Contractor. It requires getting email approval for each class from your supervisor. That's how I get most of my points.

I tried that, logging in as a contractor. There is a number at the DAU website to call to speak to someone in charge of that area. (It was a few months ago so I'm trying to remember it correctly) I spoke to the guy in charge of people who want to access the DAU who work for a contractor. He asked me if I had a CAC card. I told him no & he said he was sorry but I could no longer get in without a CAC card.

How long ago did you do this? Was this before the implementation of the CAC card requirement? I don't see any way to do it at the website as it now says a CAC is required.

If I've been given wrong info from those people great. I'd love to do those courses.

Duncan Idaho

I like cheese.
None
You are right, Rob. I can still login to DAU, see my old certificates, see my old classes, and even "audit" new classes. But registration is actually through an Army website... which you can't access without a CAC. That's just ridiculous!

Non-DoD Industry Employees:If you do not have a DOD-issued CAC you will not be able to register for DAU courses and thus cannot take DAU courses for credit. DAU has implemented a work around to allow users to audit/browse distance learning and continuous learning modules on the DAU Virtual Campus. Click here for more information.
(quoted from http://www.dau.mil/training/Pages/Apply.aspx)

And lots more information about it here.

DAMN DAMN DAMN!

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
I completed a course on JKO and DISAM. They both setup where interaction is required during the presentation. There were not exams for the DISAM course but there were exams for the JKO course which were fairly straight forward.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
I was looking at the "Reserve Retirement Point Listing 30SEP14" under the JKO tab. I completed one course, however, half the courses listed are no longer available according to the JKO Help Desk. Has anyone else confirmed that half of the courses listed are no longer available or is this bad gouge?

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
I received a call from JKO Help desk and they sounded very knowledgeable. She said the courses are no longer available and that the list given to the IRR is outdated. Imagine that! I sent the IRR counselor the portion of the approved with the courses that weren't available. I would imagine I won't here back, but we'll see. Does anyone know if a "new" list is coming?

N4Life

Does anyone know how to get a copy of their OSR? Depending on whom I talk to, I am missing various NOBCs and AQDs earned on active duty years ago. In the past five months NPC has directed me to multiple offices within Pers-93,-911,-912,-9,-3, -331,-54, the community manager, CNRF, the enterprise service desks, customer service, a few others, and then back again to the same offices. All have passed me on to the next person. The general response is to log in to BOL, and then they are surprised that I can’t without a CAC card (“all reservists have a CAC card”). I have put in multiple requests via SF-180 (mailed, faxed, and over the phone) specifically asking for an OSR among other items but the only thing I have received is my OMPF (which is also missing items earned on active duty years prior to joining the reserves). The various offices can see my record, but nobody knows how to send it out to the Sailor.

I received a call from JKO Help desk...
JKO no longer associates with the company that administers those courses (mostly the -MNxx) They stopped using these courses prior to the October list came out (CNRF was notified from the begining).

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Naval War College - JMO Complete. Serious amounts of work involved. Not for the faint of heart. My cohort started with 40+ students...9 of us finished. 9. We started in mid Feb and finished end of Oct. Pretty enjoyable material if you can get past the relentless grind of being back in school. Graduate level expectations...no slacking.

Last edited:
Naval War College - JMO Complete. Serious amounts of work involved. Not for the faint of heart. My cohort started with 40+ students...9 of us finished. 9. We started in mid Feb and finished end of Oct. Pretty enjoyable material if you can get past the relentless grind of being back in school. Graduate level expectations...no slacking.
Congrats Sam! I agree, it was interesting...but certainly took a toll!!