• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS application after AFROTC disenrollment

exNavyOffRec

Ah ok, thank you for the information. Does N3M see my career choices at the time of the review though? I told my recruiter I was interested in aviation but if I couldn't do that I'd gladly go SWO or Special Warfare. I did not fill out anything pertaining to career choices prior to the review. Do you happen to know if I were to become enlisted, could I still go officer eventually? Or would the -6 still prevent me from ascending?

On the sheet submitted to N3M you put what designators applying for so yes.

SEALS is the most strict on physical requirements, if they would consider a waiver it would need to be high need designator and the only one I can think of is nuke subs.

out of limits still applies if you are enlisted going officer, worked with a guy that applied for OCS and was found NPQ for commissioning due to medical requirement that was disqualifying for commissioning but not for going enlisted.

jbalesi

"Poop Dick"
None
This is a great site. I've been reading the forums for awhile and really appreciate the information here. I just registered so I can ask some more specific questions pertaining to my situation. I have 2 hurdles that I'll need to clear to get into OCS and need some help figuring out how to clear them. My OR is a great guy but is new and is giving me a lot of I don't know's right now.

I was disenrolled involuntarily from AFROTC right before commissioning. How does the DD 785 form affect the application process? Do I need a waiver for it and if so, who is the waiver authority?

I had PRK while in AFROTC. According to MANMED 15-34 I believe, -8.00 is the pre surgery error limit for enlistment and commissioning. However -6.00 is the limit for a commissioning program. I was -6.5 and -7.5. And according to AMWG I meet all criteria for a waiver easily. Is N3M the waiver authority for this? How is a waiver requested?

What is the courtesy review by N3M? I have been reading the regs and it seems akin to a systems check like these are the errors you will run into and will come back as a warranted, not warranted or need more information.

Below is additional info should you want to read on.

If you are curious about the disenrollment here is the shortest version possible. 4 strikes. 1 I failed a class. 2 I received "excessive civil involvements". 3 I did not report a civil involvement within 72 hours. 4 I deviated from travel orders. I received a check in block 3 consider needs of the force against reasons for this disenrollment. The civil involvements are university parking tickets. I asked the university if I should hang the pass in my jeep with no roof or doors and they said no, keep it on you and well waive the tickets. First CO says don't report the tickets you get in this manner. New CO comes in and says you have to report them but don't worry we know your situation and you'll be fine. The last parking ticket I received was given by the school in error, I had my pass displayed. The school rescinded it but ROTC said I didn't report it. I was sent for my flight physical and there they told me I needed to see my eye surgeon to get treatment for haze. I called the travel office and asked if I could stop by my home state and was told that's fine so long as I pay my own way, and I did. Those 4 strikes were enough to get me out. The new officer did not like me, he made that very clear after I was kicked.

I'm not sure about all the medical stuff, but I had a similar story with all the other "strikes" that you had. To answer one of your questions in the thread, from my own experience, I went enlisted and 2 years later I submitted an OCS package and was picked up. You should be able to put in an OCS package directly and get picked up though with a degree/GPA like that, but it all depends on who all is applying as competition at the time. If you have any other questions feel free to message me on here or at jbalesi@gmail.com .

Paddy

I am in a similar scenario as the original post, I was in AFROTC with a contract/scholarship about three years back. I was disenrolled on a charge of underage drinking (my friend [at the time], also in AFROTC, turned 21 so a few of us threw a party for him and he turned around and turned us all in). Despite it being 100% controlled and nothing happened, I understand it was still underage drinking so those of us who were there and underage got the boot. Now, on my DD Form 785 however, it says "definitely not recommended". Doesn't matter whether I think that is a fair call or not, but that is what is says.

My question is, how do I fair with my OCS application as I am going for Pilot/NFO; is that an immediate shut down or will they weigh in other aspects of my packet? My ASTB scores are 8,8,9 and I graduated Aerospace Engineering with a 3.22 GPA. A good number of the people involved in the same event are already down in Pensacola at flight training but I was the only one that had a contract/scholarship. I don't even know if the others had 785's. The other thing is, my packet is pretty much already up at the processor for the October Boards but neither my recruiter nor the processor has requested a 785 to accompany my application packet even though it says on my background that I was given a discharge. Now, if I don't fair well, like the original poster asked, is it possible to see about a change in that status/get a waiver?