• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professional Reading Drop Box

robav8r

None
Contributor
Guest post over at IDKATS. Someone should write a follow challenging the Navy to actually define "talent."
Great post. I'm reading a great book by Ori Brafman called: "The Chaos Imperative" as part of my curriculum here at NDU. How we deal with chaos & change as leaders has a huge impact on our effectiveness as leaders. It's a good (and easy) read . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It should be said that there are successful people who genuinely believe in the idea of a cue-ball-smooth track. There are also those who have a vested interest in you believing that every aspect of the system is fair and equal. In the case of the former, some of these persons may be so laden with talent and charisma that from their unique perspective it all does genuinely appear to be effortless. In the case of the latter, it seems as if (and for whatever reason) they have a vested interest in maintaining the general impression that the system works with a fundamental and graceful fairness, rather than its true nature, which may be more akin to a sausage factory.
Wait. I thought only whiny, disgruntled "millennials" said this, not retired O-6s . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait. I thought only whiny, disgruntled "millennials" said this, not retired O-6s . . .

The difference being that he put the argument forward in coherent and respectful manner, and without obvious whining.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
A lengthy read, but a good one.

Sharpening the Spear: The Carrier, the Joint Force, and High-End Conflict - McGrath, Cropsey, and Walton.

"In the pages that follow, this study addresses the question of whether it is worthwhile to continue to build large, nuclear-powered aircraft carriers (CVN), given their considerable cost and mounting Anti-Access/Area Denial (A2/AD) threats to sea-based operations. Our conclusion is that the emerging threat environment actually increases the need for aircraft carriers, and that none of the alternatives to the CVN offer an equal or better capability and capacity across the range of military options from peacetime presence through major power war."

Attachments

• 201510SharpeningtheSpearTheCarriertheJointForceandHighEndConflict.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 5

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Last edited:

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
The American Empire project has several very good books that provide alternative perspectives on, well, everything.