• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRO-REC Y SWO

I had already done the clearance and fingerprints due to the reserves and due to prior active. It is another step along the way so enjoy the progress and good luck! No idea on ship dates, at this point it may be wishful thinking on anyone's part but it will come sooner than later!

irish08slasher

Irishslasher
Going to have finger prints done on Thursday.. Recruiter said security clearance should begin to be conducted after that. Have you guys received similar information? He also mentioned that once my clearance is complete I will be coming in to "sign my life away" and swear in. His prediction for OCS ranged from November, December, January.

My recruiter gave me the EXACT timeline for OCS. Finger prints were done as part of MEP's for me 2 months ago.

Brooksssiiieee

Thanks guys :) Just trying to stay on top of things. Good to know someone else was given the exact timeline. I am just sitting here at my 9-5 withering away slowly...
upload_2015-8-31_16-30-55.jpeg

SWOALEXANDER

I'm going to get re-fingerprinted. Apparently they got "messed up" between MEPS and BUPERS. So I'm going to go get them redone tomorrow. I'm hoping to get some projected OCS estimates tomorrow from my recruiter. Here's to hoping for quick FINSEL letters and OCS class dates.

Brooksssiiieee

I'm ready! Its the monotony of my current job.. and the excitement for the next chapter that's killing me slowly lol. Don't you worry about me csabol :)

Longest days we worked were 18 hours during a repair period. Worst it got was five days of sleeping in a shaft alley fixing a line bearing. The best part was having the CO coming into the space everyday to see how we were doing and if we needed anything. Small tokens mean the world to sailors even if it is just stopping by to say hi.

Reactions: MR

SWOALEXANDER

Just got fingerprinted this morning the good old fashion way with ink. All I can say is my fingers will be red for days. When I was there my recruiter said that my FINSEL should come in within a week or so from today after my fingerprints are submitted (as of today) to BUPERS. We'll see.

Brooksssiiieee

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend, its been quiet on this thread. Can someone tell me if these PRT standards look up to date.. http://www.navy-prt.com/femalestandard/20-24.html Im scoring the max in all aspects.. except the swim.. haven't attempted that yet. I actually just talked to a buddy of mine who was a college swimmer and may help me in that area. I'm no expert but, that 500 time is pretty damn fast?

csabol

Been quiet indeed...just waiting for someone to post some information about final select.

Yes, the standards from that site are accurate. But don't worry about the swim, in OCS we will be running more than likely unless alternative cardio is allowed but it's either or in any case, not both the run and swim.

SharkBait

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend, its been quiet on this thread. Can someone tell me if these PRT standards look up to date.. http://www.navy-prt.com/femalestandard/20-24.html Im scoring the max in all aspects.. except the swim.. haven't attempted that yet. I actually just talked to a buddy of mine who was a college swimmer and may help me in that area. I'm no expert but, that 500 time is pretty damn fast?
Don't worry about the swim, you will never be forced to do the swim unless medical says thats the only way you can complete your PRT. Its an option at some commands if you dont want to run, you can do it in lieu of.