• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
They're putting the finishing touches on a high speed new museum building (that's taken ~2yrs to build). Some new additions to the new include an H-46 and an H-3.

We've got some HH-60Hs that are soon to be on the market! :cool: (Too soon?)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They're putting the finishing touches on a high speed new museum building (that's taken ~2yrs to build). Some new additions to the new include an H-46 and an H-3.

I was startled to see it actually built. It's been nothing but a vacant lot with a 'coming soon' picture of the new building on a signpost for a long time now. They've got some neat, rare airplanes in their collection; I hope they get money and space to restore and display them properly. Or give them to NMNA in Pensacola, whatever, but they shouldn't just be sitting outside to fall apart.

Malo83

Keep the Faith
Eagles and a Vulcan
http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56559
Avro%20Vulcan%20XH558%20accompanied%20by%20an%20F-15C%20Eagle%20assigned%20to%20the%2048th%20Fighter%20Wing-7.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
I was startled to see it actually built. It's been nothing but a vacant lot with a 'coming soon' picture of the new building on a signpost for a long time now. They've got some neat, rare airplanes in their collection; I hope they get money and space to restore and display them properly. Or give them to NMNA in Pensacola, whatever, but they shouldn't just be sitting outside to fall apart.
Unfortunately I don't think the new building will house many of the aircraft. My understanding is that the birds will continue to live outside in the elements. I wish they'd get at least a cover or something.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I may be full of shit.........but technology=ugly. Things that flew when aerodynamics designs without computer aided flight controls were a lot better looking than these things.

I agree that the F-35 is ugly as sin, but there were some pretty ugly designs prior to FBW (F-8 Crusader for instance). Also I think the F-22, the Hornet/Rhino and Viper are awesome looking despite their computer driven controls.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Some VP history from the Thunder Over Michigan air show this past weekend - PB4Y Privateer:
KYIP_Privateer_B25.jpg
PV-2 Harpoon:
KYIP_Harpoon.jpg
And just for fun a Focke-Wulf FW-190:
KYIP_FW190.jpg

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Just recently purchased by the Military Aviation Museum here in Va Beach. They've only had it for three months and haven't had time to restore it to their standards yet.

Saw it yesterday parked in their post air show maintenance hangar next to their Spitfire and Hurricane. That guy has a lot of toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.