• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
All three were on the new test, basically took them every three months. Those scores are locked in, I was wondering if that is merit for non selection in aviation or if it just makes things harder?
The board doesn't see your prior scores. They see only the most current.

LT,

Its in Business Administration with a minor in Economics through UMUC. Already started the MBA (First class) through AMU with a concentration in Finance.

Chop07, I am aware, I was trying to get my score up and it ended up hurting me.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
LT,

Its in Business Administration with a minor in Economics through UMUC. Already started the MBA (First class) through AMU with a concentration in Finance.

Chop07, I am aware, I was trying to get my score up and it ended up hurting me.
Ok. You have the right mix for Supply, then. Of course, SWO is an option as well and selection rates are continuing to be in the 50s.

exNavyOffRec

Group, wanted to get some guidance on here as to how to proceed. I am an active duty YN2, planning to apply as SNA/NFO. My package should be in by the second week of September, so I am not sure if I will make this upcoming board. I am trying to rush it, but because of TDY's at my command that will not be possible sooner than the second week of September. My stats are:

GPA: 3.58 (On transcript) 3.3 (By how the Navy weighs it, I Think)
ASTB: 47 5/5/5/
LOR: O7, O6,O6
For SNA, must graduate by mid June 2016

I would really like to go SNA, but I do not believe I am competitive and already have an age waiver. They say everything is waiverable, but I do not think they will go over the 27+2 limit. Suggestions on the way forward, pilot is pretty much sunk time wise, so that leaves NFO. I am going to apply to supply in addition to NFO if the general consensus is there is no way i can be picked up for SNA/NFO with my ASTB. I have taken the ASTB three times (The limit) and saw my OAR drop from 52 to 47, with PFAR/AQR staying the same.

After this application, I am going to knock out my MBA, get flight hours, and possibly advance to first to make myself more competitive. Any thoughts on my situation??

I am not too fond of your scores, but based on what you have I would try this on your first (hopefully only) application, Pilot/SWO/NFO, should that not work out I would go for Supply/SWO/NFO or SWO/Supply/NFO

andre lane

PILOT1906
The board dates haven't came out yet! So don't count yourself out of this board... work hard for this board you never know and if the board convene after October 1 you may have a better chance for this is the military new fiscal year. My packet haven't been submitted just completed my commissioning examination so Monday morning I'm submitting it to N3M they approve then off to NRC for approval... how long that's gonna take idk! And if someone does please share!

exNavyOffRec

if the board convene after October 1 you may have a better chance for this is the military new fiscal year.

no, that is not how it works, there are now 2 classes at OCS that are taking FY 16 spots, NRC starts selecting for the next FY (in this case FY 16) in March/April, due to a variety of reasons they really don't take more at the earlier boards and less in the later boards.

andre lane

PILOT1906
If this board anything like last year October board we should hear something around mid September and the board will be late October!

SharkBait

Hopefully not that long. I got ProRec-Y for SWO last month and this wait is almost worst than the other!

dbluestyle

Got my package accepted a couple of weeks ago. Had some issues with the medical forms but everything is squared away after receiving my confirmation letter stating that I am physically qualified medically. Question to the experts: I am thinking on retaking the ASTB test again but just the aviation portion. I believe I got good chances on getting a better score, what do you guys recommend? keeping it like that or take the chance?

exNavyOffRec

Got my package accepted a couple of weeks ago. Had some issues with the medical forms but everything is squared away after receiving my confirmation letter stating that I am physically qualified medically. Question to the experts: I am thinking on retaking the ASTB test again but just the aviation portion. I believe I got good chances on getting a better score, what do you guys recommend? keeping it like that or take the chance?

If your application has been submitted you have to wait until you get a N, and you can't just retake the aviation portion, you must take the entire thing over.

dbluestyle

If your application has been submitted you have to wait until you get a N, and you can't just retake the aviation portion, you must take the entire thing over.
Thank you for the information sir. If I don't get selected for NFO (this is my only chance), I will have to wait for the next SUPPO or AMDO boards.