• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Moving to another state during OCS application process?

AlisonSauce

USMC OCS Poolee
I may have to relocate to Texas, but I started my OCS application in NC. I have to take the flight aptitude test next month, take my final PFT, and go to meps still. I would go up for the board in March.

As long as I submit my application, am I able to move to Texas and still work through NC?
Will that look bad for my application process if I move out of state between my application process and OCS?

I do not want to switch offices since I am so close to completing my application, and I do not want my OSO to think I am not committed in anyway.

av8ion

Explain the situation to him and he'll tell you what to do. He'll probably just transfer your application to another OSO. We had a guy from Boston come down to our station in Pennsylvania for a summer poolee function, but that was because he went to school in Pennsylvania and was home in Boston for the summer.

It's going to look twice as shitty working through NC and not attending any of their pre-ship/poolee functions than it will to transfer to a different station. Your OSO's recommendation plays a huge part in getting selected and if he doesn't get a chance to see your leadership skills during functions, he won't know what to expect. From what I recall, the thing's you said you still have yet to do are ~75% of the application. Furthermore, if you don't get selected in your first board, then what? The selection rate has gone up drastically the past few boards, but it took many of us 1-2 years to get selected.

Bighead

I may have to relocate to Texas, but I started my OCS application in NC. I have to take the flight aptitude test next month, take my final PFT, and go to meps still. I would go up for the board in March.

As long as I submit my application, am I able to move to Texas and still work through NC?
Will that look bad for my application process if I move out of state between my application process and OCS?

I do not want to switch offices since I am so close to completing my application, and I do not want my OSO to think I am not committed in anyway.
What part of Texas are you moving to?

AlisonSauce

USMC OCS Poolee
I appreciate the reply, regardless I have to start the conversation with my OSO today and go from there. The only thing I am apprehensive about it the fact that I am already 25 and I don't want to further delay the process in anyway.

I am moving to Lone Star Texas.