• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATP Multi Engine Changes - Do it now!

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Seconding curtis eads as being mil friendly. Marty, their chief flight instructor, gets it when it comes to mil flight instruction.

Tomcat_al200

pilot
Did they require a minimum time in their a/c before letting you do the checkride? I know where I used to be a CFI we required 25 hrs time in type and/or 5 hours in that aircraft before letting people rent it.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Curtis Eads? Nah man - I did checkouts in almost all their SE aircraft, and thence was eligible to rent immediately. About 0.4 to go do high work, then 0.6 in the pattern to make sure you're not all dorked up. 172RG took a bit extra due to retractable gear, but everything else was pretty much the same.

Curtis Eads does have a ME plane, a TECNAM P2006T, but it's more expensive than the Duchess at either Epix or Horizon.

ryan1234

Hampton Roads Exec Airport. A group of us are going over next week to take the CFI/CFII test. I might try to take the ATP test around the same time. I have the gouge from Sheppard Air but haven't started studying yet.

I didn't even know you could take the ATP written without the new pre-reqs now.

I took the written and checkride in NC last year. Used the Sheppard Air prep... easy.... studied a couple nights at the most and then the day of the test with the test prep material.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Took the CFI/CFII test last night at Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) at 2211 South Military Highway, Chesapeake. I used the sheppardair gouge and scored a 94 which was the lowest of our group. Most were around 96-98. 125 question test and passing is a 70. Going tomorrow get the sign offs for the 60 and CFI.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Took the CFI/CFII test last night at Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) at 2211 South Military Highway, Chesapeake. I used the sheppardair gouge and scored a 94 which was the lowest of our group. Most were around 96-98. 125 question test and passing is a 70. Going tomorrow get the sign offs for the 60 and CFI.

How many questions are there to study from for the Sheppardair gouge?

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
How many questions are there to study from for the Sheppardair gouge?
388 but they are spread out in 12 different categories. You study each category using their study technique. Some have only 1 question and the max is 108. I went through the question bank several times and had no issues.

ZomboNation

Sorry resurrect this again; just didn't want to start a new thread...

I wondered if anyone had any gouge on which places up in the Pac Northwest were military friendly when it came to prepping and then coordinating an FAA examiner to give an ATP checkrides?

I’ve known some dudes who got saddled up with a younger civilian IP who hated military guys because we aren’t still having pay-off all our FAA ratings like they had to if they went to an aviation college. I don’t want to deal with that...

I took that ATP test about two days before they changed the rules on us, so I'm still operating on the old system.

Thanks-