• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Midshipman Authorization For Flight Suits

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Yeah, that's CORTRAMID... they should be giving the deer-in-headlights response, or should refer people to their officer cat-herders if they get a hard time. Btw I'm on staff for it right now so if they give any of y'all some 'tude, PLEASE tell me. While most are great "kids," some are "special."

Treetop Flyer

pilot
MIDN in flights suits are running around all over NOB, including right up Admirals row... For as anal retentive things can be on NOB, it's pretty telling that no one has an issue with it, so the OPs CoC should probably focus on more important things, like why their Chiefs mess isn't more concerned about the deck plate leadership of junior sailors instead of trying to dictate dress codes for college kids.

Also, in this new Navy, Disassociated tour dudes wear flight suits on the boat now too... It's notjust for air wing guys and O-6 SWOs anymore... The horror.
I find the camelbacks significantly more objectionable than the flight suits

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
The folks at Marine week have passed us word encouraging them to stay hydrated. The word passed was, well, colorful.

Too_Tall34

Sorry to bother with an unrelated question but I just got word yesterday that I picked up a 3 year NROTC scholarship. I had heard a rumor that since I just picked up scholarship, that means next summer (2016) I will have the option to do an enlisted cruise or go on CORTRAMID. Is there any truth to this? Honestly going on CORTRAMID sounds great since it will give me the chance to explore all of the different options I'm going to have when I get commissioned.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Sorry to bother with an unrelated question but I just got word yesterday that I picked up a 3 year NROTC scholarship. I had heard a rumor that since I just picked up scholarship, that means next summer (2016) I will have the option to do an enlisted cruise or go on CORTRAMID. Is there any truth to this? Honestly going on CORTRAMID sounds great since it will give me the chance to explore all of the different options I'm going to have when I get commissioned.

I was in the same boat, chose the enlisted cruise. Definitely glad I did that......got to go underway on the USS Kitty Hawk for 2 weeks across the south pacific, got to see plenty of aviation, hang in the ready rooms, see all different walks of life on the boat, and even became a shellback. I'd suggest doing this vs being babysat along with a bunch of other college kids just doing a series of orientation type events at CORTRAMID. Though san diego is great in the summer and CORTRAMID would offer you that sort of vacation.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Same situation. I did cortamid and would recommend that. It was a total blast and gives perspectives to communities.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
The CORTRAMID vs E-cruise question should really be split off...

Hey! With summer cruise season wrapping up, how'd the whole "MIDN in flight suits" thing turn out? Is the OP gonna tell us what this whole deal was about in the first place?

Python

pilot
Contributor
The CORTRAMID vs E-cruise question should really be split off...

Hey! With summer cruise season wrapping up, how'd the whole "MIDN in flight suits" thing turn out? Is the OP gonna tell us what this whole deal was about in the first place?

The command was concerned due to a major inspection going on while the Mids would be there. Nobody was sure whether or not there would be hits for unauthorized personnel wearing the bags (the front office willing to take the hit for intel-o).

Eventually a loop hole was found (although I argued not needed) and they got flight suits. Point ended up being moot when they showed up with bags that their ROTC unit issues them.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The command was concerned due to a major inspection going on while the Mids would be there. Nobody was sure whether or not there would be hits for unauthorized personnel wearing the bags (the front office willing to take the hit for intel-o).

Eventually a loop hole was found (although I argued not needed) and they got flight suits. Point ended up being moot when they showed up with bags that their ROTC unit issues them.
Wow, that kind of hand-wringing "what if" game is normally reserved for the 1-2 star level. May god have mercy.

Pags

N/A
pilot

Seems like the more discrete path would have been to have the Mids have some off site training during the inspection.

What inspection was going on?