• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2016 STA-21 Applicants

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
RATE/RANK: AWR2(NAC/AW/IUSS)
APPLYING FOR: NFO/Core
EVALS:
#2 of 28 EP, #3 of 22 MP, MP (Recent-Oldest)
SMART: 51 Credit Hours
COLLEGE: Central Texas College, AA: General Studies (60 Credits) 3.09 GPA/ UMUC: 15 Credits 3.2 GPA
HIGH SCHOOL: 2.3 GPA
ASTB-E: 6/7/6 AOR:51
LEADERSHIP: Command Career Counselor (9588 NEC earned), Sponsorship Coordinator, Voulenteer Services Coordinator, Education Services Officer, Command Indoc Coordinator, QA LPO, MWR Committee VP
AWARDS: Navy/Marin Corps Commendation Medal, (2) Nam, CVW-14 JSOQ (2009), JSOQ 2014 (2nd), JSOQ 2015 (3rd), FLOC
VOLUNTEER: 58 Hours FY-15
TIS: 9.4 Years
ACT: 46 (Combined Math (22), English (24)
WARFARE QUALS: NAC/AW/IUSS
PRT: Excellent, Excellent, Good
Officer Interview/Nomination Board(Internal) XO,OPSO,FOPS (2CDR,1LCDR), (External) HCS-12 CO(chairman), XO, OPSO, SKEDSO (2CDR,1LCDR,1LT)
LORs: 2 Commanding Officers Of Helo Squadrons (HSC-4)
MISC: Prior aviation with 2200 flight hours, fully mission qualified in the SH60F/H and MH60S.

Is there anything else I could have done to help my chances for selection?

Last edited:

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Hey Justin! Welcome to AirWarriors!

Are you familiar with the grading criteria for STA-21? Your package falls into these categories with the following point system awarded:

PRT-0-10pts
Associate-0 or 10pts
Transfer Credit-0-10pts
College GPA-0-10pts
Awards-0-10pts
SAT Score-0-40pts
Warfare Devices-0-2pts

The board will evaluate:
CO's Recommendation-0-20pts
Personal Statement-0-5pts
Academic Rigor-0-5pts
Non-Traditional Credits-0-5pts
Interview Sheets-0-15pts
Whole person-0-5pts

It is important that you show your ability to complete Calculus and Calculus-based Physics. To date you have not taken such courses (I looked at your course history), and your ACT scores do not reflect that you could complete those courses. I would recommend enrolling in a Trigonometry class and starting Calculus as soon as possible. This will increase your odds of selection immensely, showing that you will not wash out in a difficult mathematics curriculum.

I wish you the best of luck in your submission. You can always contact me for any clarification, my email is in previous posts.

-Bryson

KlavianZero

Well I hope everyone's package went well... This will be my first time submitting but I have a strong package so I am quite hopeful. Those of you that have submitted before how long until they update the NETFOCUS Package status in regards to review? I know my package was received but am unsure when the complete the review process.

Matt
RATE/RANK: AM2(AW)
EVALS: #2 of 37 EP, MP,EP, #2 of 21 EP, #1 EP

SMART: 38 Credit Hours
COLLEGE: Embry Riddle Aeronautical University GPA 3.47, Dean List
HIGH SCHOOL: GED
ASTB-E: OAR:55 5/5/5
LEADERSHIP: Junior Enlisted Mess President, Rugby Club President, Division Supervisor for 8 Workcenters
AWARDS: NAM,JSOQ, LOCx2
VOLUNTEER: 120 Hours Junior running club, and Rugby club Head coach
TIS: 7.1 Years
SAT- 510 Math, 580 English
WARFARE QUALS: AW
PRT: Good, Excellent, Excellent
Officer Interview/Nomination Board(Internal) LCDR,LT,LT (External) VP-47 CO(chairman), LCDRx3
LORs: OIC AIMD Sigonella, Professor Johns Hopkins University
MISC: Aviation community, Less than 2 years from BA in Aeronautical Science,

RATE/RANK: AWO2(NAC/AW)
APPLYING FOR: PILOT/Core
EVALS: MP,EP,EP,EP,MP
SMART: Associates plus about 4 classes
COLLEGE: AS in Criminal Justice 3.75 GPA
HIGH SCHOOL: Low GPA 2.5 maybe
ASTB-E: 5/7/5 AOR:44
LEADERSHIP: LPO for the last 2 commands
AWARDS: NAM, FLOCx2, JSOQ
VOLUNTEER: Only a few hours
TIS: 7.5 Years
ACT: 45 (Combined Math (24), English (21) 90th Percentile in the country in Trig on the ACT.
WARFARE QUALS: NAC/AW
PRT: Outstanding, Excellent, Excellent
Officer Interview/Nomination Board(Internal) 3x LCDR (2 of which are CDR selects, one being command select). My Skipper is an O-6. (External). XO of base (CDR), LCDR, LT. The external chairperson is an O-6 as well.
LORs: 2 Prior Commanding Officers (O-5's) and one LCDR prior OPSO.
MISC: Prior aviation with 1700 flight hours.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Well I hope everyone's package went well... This will be my first time submitting but I have a strong package so I am quite hopeful. Those of you that have submitted before how long until they update the NETFOCUS Package status in regards to review? I know my package was received but am unsure when the complete the review process.

Matt
RATE/RANK: AM2(AW)
EVALS: #2 of 37 EP, MP,EP, #2 of 21 EP, #1 EP
SMART: 38
Credit Hours
COLLEGE: Embry Riddle Aeronautical University GPA 3.47, Dean List
HIGH SCHOOL:
GED
ASTB-E: OAR:55 5/5/5
LEADERSHIP:
Junior Enlisted Mess President, Rugby Club President, Division Supervisor for 8 Workcenters
AWARDS: NAM,JSOQ, LOCx2
VOLUNTEER: 120 Hours Junior running club, and Rugby club Head coach
TIS: 7.1 Years
SAT- 510 Math, 580 English
WARFARE QUALS: AW
PRT: Good, Excellent, Excellent
Officer Interview/Nomination Board(Internal) LCDR,LT,LT (External) VP-47 CO(chairman), LCDRx3
LORs: OIC AIMD Sigonella, Professor Johns Hopkins University
MISC: Aviation community, Less than 2 years from BA in Aeronautical Science,

Please understand that all packages are being received and evaluated at this time. It may take a while to post to NETFOCUS. If you have questions you can always call them and verify everything is good to go. Good luck in your submission!

-Bryson

KlavianZero

Please understand that all packages are being received and evaluated at this time. It may take a while to post to NETFOCUS. If you have questions you can always call them and verify everything is good to go. Good luck in your submission!

-Bryson
I was just seeing if anyone knew about how long the review process takes. Obviously it will be a bit but was curious if there was and trend data as to how long this part of the process normally takes to complete.

Matt

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
From what I know the objective portion of the package is reviewed by 2 people. It is graded in the order it was received. You can imagine the flood of packages they have received by this point! It'd be interesting to be responsible for grading all of those packages! Is there some specific data you were hoping to retrieve by understanding when your package was graded? They will all get graded or found disqualified. Those found qualified will be evaluated at the board.

-Bryson

KlavianZero

From what I know the objective portion of the package is reviewed by 2 people. It is graded in the order it was received. You can imagine the flood of packages they have received by this point! It'd be interesting to be responsible for grading all of those packages! Is there some specific data you were hoping to retrieve by understanding when your package was graded? They will all get graded or found disqualified. Those found qualified will be evaluated at the board.

-Bryson

No im good, I just saw today it has been reviewed so I can finally breathe easy and worry about the first class test and my crossrate. How is everyone feeling about this years packages?

Matt

KlavianZero

I have noticed that not a lot of traffic seems to be happening this year... an update for me looked on the NETC site today and I see they have issued my age waiver. Any idea if this means the package was accepted and will go into the chop pile? I'm getting ready for advancement then going to retake my ASTB and SAT's in November. Has anyone had experience with retaking the exams and can tell me how much your scores improved? I have been told that normally you do much better.

Matt

Los_23

I have noticed that not a lot of traffic seems to be happening this year... an update for me looked on the NETC site today and I see they have issued my age waiver. Any idea if this means the package was accepted and will go into the chop pile? I'm getting ready for advancement then going to retake my ASTB and SAT's in November. Has anyone had experience with retaking the exams and can tell me how much your scores improved? I have been told that normally you do much better.

Matt

Hey Matt, i re-took my act this year and did extremely better, so i am sure you will aswell.

Carlos

KlavianZero

Hey Matt, i re-took my act this year and did extremely better, so i am sure you will aswell.

Carlos

That's what I thought... was it just easier or better time management, better study regimen? Also did you submit this year? I'm feeling pretty good about my package the more I review what I sent in looking or weaknesses the better I feel.

Matt

Los_23

I
That's what I thought... was it just easier or better time management, better study regimen? Also did you submit this year? I'm feeling pretty good about my package the more I review what I sent in looking or weaknesses the better I feel.

Matt

I honestly thought i was better prepared. I did submit this year, my package is definitely better but i feel that not having an AS yet hurts me a little. I should be done with my BS by the end of next year if i keep pumping out these classes. I hope i get picked up by sta21 but if i dont, im definitely going to put in for OCS.

KlavianZero

RATE/RANK: AWO2(NAC/AW)
APPLYING FOR: PILOT/Core
EVALS: MP,EP,EP,EP,MP
SMART: Associates plus about 4 classes
COLLEGE: AS in Criminal Justice 3.75 GPA
HIGH SCHOOL: Low GPA 2.5 maybe
ASTB-E: 5/7/5 AOR:44
LEADERSHIP: LPO for the last 2 commands
AWARDS: NAM, FLOCx2, JSOQ
VOLUNTEER: Only a few hours
TIS: 7.5 Years
ACT: 45 (Combined Math (24), English (21) 90th Percentile in the country in Trig on the ACT.
WARFARE QUALS: NAC/AW
PRT: Outstanding, Excellent, Excellent
Officer Interview/Nomination Board(Internal) 3x LCDR (2 of which are CDR selects, one being command select). My Skipper is an O-6. (External). XO of base (CDR), LCDR, LT. The external chairperson is an O-6 as well.
LORs: 2 Prior Commanding Officers (O-5's) and one LCDR prior OPSO.
MISC: Prior aviation with 1700 flight hours.

Andrew whats up man I didn't realize you were on air warriors!?!? Its Matt coach from the Rugby team!