• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Navy Reservist Wishing To Get ANGLICO

pascol1

As a Navy reservist, I wondering if there was a way to get orders with an ANGLICO unit and qualify for JTAC. Has anyone ever seen this opportunity? I was thinking about networking and calling up some ANGLICO units and see if there was any past history of getting this done.

81montedriver

pilot
No idea but our reserve ANGLICO's are 3rd out of Long Beach, CA, 4th out of W Palm Beach, FL, and 6th which is split between Concord, CA and JBLM, WA. Might be worth calling them up.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
What community do you come from? Do you have any fires or CAS experience, or are you hoping to show up and have the unit send you to a bunch of schools?

pascol1

I am an 1105. I am a prior enlisted Marine, and I was hoping to use that and exploit that the best of my ability.
In a sense, yes, I am hoping to show up and see if they will send me to school. However, I am going to go on a mobilization to Djibouti. I am hoping to network down there and pitch the question and show my dedication and hard work ethic to impress them. Hopefully, they will reconsider if they have any doubts about sending me to the schools.
I also hear an O-6 reservist say to me that he was a pilot and went to JTAC and was with a SEAL team. I saw the patches on his uniform. He said that if I keep knocking on the door, someone will open and say yes.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
It can be done, there is a dude in my squadron that is doing it, actually going from FTS to SELRES. That said, on active duty he did a tour as a fires officer with the Marines, has his JTAC instructor qual, and has flown helos in the CAS environment for awhile now. I don't say that to be discouraging, but simply to show what his background was.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
First off, if you have a dream, go for it. Don't let me or anyone else convince you not to pursue a dream.

I have spent some time in Djibouti over the last 6 months, and I know a bunch of active ANGLICO guys both current and former. There is no ANGLICO "connect" in Djibouti. If you are under the impression that ANGLICO is part of the SOCOM club, you are mistaken.

81montedriver

pilot
First off, if you have a dream, go for it. Don't let me or anyone else convince you not to pursue a dream.

I have spent some time in Djibouti over the last 6 months, and I know a bunch of active ANGLICO guys both current and former. There is no ANGLICO "connect" in Djibouti. If you are under the impression that ANGLICO is part of the SOCOM club, you are mistaken.

But they wear black PT shorts and wear high speed boots. I thought that stuff officially made you an operator!

pascol1

I was an admin clerk. I know that it doesn't seem like the most exciting, but I will do what I can to show I have what it takes.

pascol1

Hello. I have not applied because I am currently on a mobilization to Djibouti. I still have some time left here. I was doing some soul searching and I realized that I am going to just end up hanging up the uniform all together. I think it is time to move on to the next chapter in life.

RaginCajun

That's sad to hear. I was looking forward to seeing if you pulled it off. Considering try it myself after mob.

pascol1

It took some thinking over a period of time. It is not like I just made the decision overnight. And I am also tired of hearing/talking to people who say they would help me or pull strings, and they do nothing at all. I also don't have a designator. The Navy has proven itself to not be the line or work for me multiple time. So that is my reason.
If you want it, you should go for it. I am not trying to be a negative influence though.